"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free"

by stuckinarut2 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Magnum
    Magnum

Yes, it most certainly does; I think of that often. Seeing JWs or even just thinking about them makes me appreciate how I've been set free. JWdom seems so different now that I'm free and on the outside. I can see the cultishness and the phoniness. I see that the org is far more concerned about money and its own survival than it is the welfare of humankind or even its own members. As I see family members still in and swallowing it all, I'm so glad I'm not in their shoes.

There are many other Bible passages that I look at differently now that I'm on the outside. (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/282535/scriptures-that-now-seem-apply-jws)

One is

Jer 5:21 - Hear, now, this, O unwise people that is without heart: They have eyes, but they cannot see; they have ears, but they cannot hear.

JWs are deaf and blind to logic, fact, and reason. They just cannot (or will not) see and hear TTATT.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Truth is verifiable fact, reality, not a religious organization.

Truth is indifferent, it doesn't care if I like it or not, it just is.

Truth will piss you off first, then, if you act on it, it can set you free.

Like en vogue said "free your mind and the rest will follow"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Great comments!
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I still have a sense of wonder at the happiness that I feel knowing not just TTATT, but knowing what truth really is, as Sparrowdown explains above in an excellent and succinct Post.

I have resolved never to take for granted the position of clear-sighted understanding that has been given me by all who helped me escape from the mental prison of the JW Org.

I thank them all so very much, many are ex Posters on here, some still Post, and authors like Steve Hassan and dear old Ray Franz helped immensely too.

I have been given the gift of a real life.

Thank you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Knowing "the truth about 'the truth'" puts so much extra meaning into those words, right?

Image result for Watchtower logo

.................Image result for truth lies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit