"It is BECAUSE I value Truth and Honesty that I have chosen to no longer attend"

by stuckinarut2 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, I used that line when questioned by someone as to why we no longer attend.

It needs to be used calmly and without any arrogance. Then this direct, yet simple comment can't help but make the person think!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I'm prepared to say to any potential inquisitors, "My conscience dictates that I accept

Bible truth over literature truth."

If any J.W. wants to assert that they are one and the same, I'll be very willing to discuss the matter with them.

• blondie
    blondie

I have done that The Searcher...

It's like the Jews of Jesus day saying the Talmud was the same as or better than the Torah.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have made the point to several JW's, Elders amongst them, that I am a "Lover of Truth".

It is strange that none of them have come back with "But we have the truth, so you should be with us".

WHY HAVE THEY NOT ?

• Unstuck
    Unstuck

Agreed!

We are more honest now that we have left. We are not part of a dishonest group....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Being a JWS shows that as an individual your devoted and supportive to false prophets and from a biblical perspective that's not a very good thing.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

It's because I want to believe as many true things and as few false things as possible. (Matt Dillahunty)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower Corporation has always been an exercise of commercialized and corrupt charlatanism, one way or another.

Part of being a successful charlatan is to exploit people's emotions and ignorance to appeal to their receptiveness, in the venturing intent toward psychologically captivation .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit