Jehovah`s Witnesses Boasted They have No Clergy Laity Class ?

by smiddy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Along these lines, when I was growing up, there was a congregation 'servant' and circuit 'servant'. At least in name they were there to humbly serve. But now they are 'overseers' . The name itself tells you something.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's easy to say they don't have "clergy" and "laity" classes.

Just give the JW equivalent of different labels.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I believe it was Jim Penton who pointed out that JWs have a more pronounced hierarchy than most denominations in "Christendom".

Indeed, more important than getting paid (which as has been pointed out circuit overseers on up get forms of compensation), is the question of how much authority such an individual has over the rank and file. What happens to an individual do does not follow the direction or agree with the clergyman or priest or pastor or elder? In most denominations: nothing!

• SAHS
    SAHS

“johnamos”: Another point on this, do you agree that the terms ‘the faithful and discreet slave class/the faithful and discreet slave /the faithful slave class/the faithful slave/the slave class‘ or ‘Governing Body‘ – w/capitals G&B) are titles,…i.e. [lower case (g) (b) for first century> vs. ]”

Excellent point! The current governing body entitles themselves with capitalization to drive home the point to everyone their self-perceived status of being elevated above any and all other earthly humans – now even above the rest of their anointed bretheren, in that the “faithful and discreet slave,” according to themselves (big surprise!), comprise soley the governing body! (I forgot to capitalize this last reference to the governing body – on purpose!)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good thread, smiddy!

Thank you, et al., for this info.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I was in for 54 of my 58 years. I have said for a very long time now, that just because they are not paid, dose not make them any less of a Clergy class. The org is so full of different "Class" groups, it so not funny!!!!!! And many in one on one conversations, often agree, even laugh about it!!!!

Dwain

• SAHS
    SAHS

“DwainBowman”: “. . . just because they are not paid, dose not make them any less of a Clergy class.

Actually, I’m glad you mentioned that!

Now, aside from the fact that the legal entities of the Watch Tower organization receive an annual total of 951 million dollars (US) – at least as per the year 2001 – they have always got “paid” in something far more significant than that. So, in what do they get “paid”?

I’ll tell you. The governing body get “paid” in that which they have always desired and sought: POWER! That’s right. They actually don’t care so much about monetary funds nearly as much as they do about the artificial praise and adoration they receive from their followers.

Think about it. The first four presidents (Charles Russell, Franklin Rutherford, Natan Knorr, and Frederick Franz) were during the monarchy times of the Watch Tower. Those men enjoyed the “honour” of the famous glory days. Thereafter, there were men serving on a “governing body” of the organization, but ALL of those men enjoyed the one thing they espoused as the most desirable thing of all: POWER.

Yes, between the humongous, super-luxury mansion the “judge” called home at Beth Sarim to the ultra-refined palatial accommodations which the so-called “governing body” reside in the top prime real estate in the heart of Brooklyn, New York (which, I would think, competitively rival even Donald Trump’s most opulent digs), the leaders of the Watch Tower organization have always enjoyed the very best this “world” has to offer in materialistic amenities – as well as, of course, their perceived ecclesiastical throne of godly prestige and custodians of the faith of all their adherents.

So, yes, indeed, they do get “paid” – and they have been ensuring that they keep getting “paid” within the façade of the false panacea and theocratic “utopia” they have been promulgating – or at least trying to sell – all along from the get-go.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"BTG" has a true laity class in that laity can never be promoted to clergy. In JW, "laity" (joepub) and elders all perform the same services(talks etc.) there is no distinction in terms of ministry, same for all- even in the Bible house. The difference between the elder class and publishers is legal and spiritual responsibility. With "BTG" clergy wears special garb and is distinct from laity in that laity does not participate but are bystanders sort of speak while clergy does all the mumbo jumbo.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In JW, "laity" (joepub) and elders all perform the same services(talks etc.) there is no distinction in terms of ministry, same for all- even in the Bible house. The difference between the elder class and publishers is legal and spiritual responsibility. With "BTG" clergy wears special garb and is distinct from laity in that laity does not participate but are bystanders sort of speak while clergy does all the mumbo jumbo.....Fisherman

What a Load of Horse Shit..

The WBT$ Claims Clergy Privileges,whenever Its Convenient..

• smiddy
    smiddy

Members of the Governing Body , the "Vatican Class" of Jehovah`s Witnesses , enjoy worldwide travel on areoplanes to all destinations of the world for Conventions to give talks in person .

All of which could be done by e-mail , telephone hook-ups ,skype ,video links.,which would be far cheaper .

Why don`t they do that ? Simply because of power and prestige ,establishing their authority over the" Laity class"

And maintaining their self importance.

CO`s , DO`s , Missionarys ,etc.etc, all get paid in one form or another , it`s just a matter of whether it is counted as such , and how it is audited , as is the case in the following.

Where do they stay on their trips overseas ? Brother & Sisters house ? or at a Hotel ?

Do any of these GB members toil away at a job or trade ? of course not .(the apostle Paul comes to mind here )

Do they wear tailor made suits ? or are they off the shelf at K-Mart ? Do they eat at soup kitchens , or are they provided with fine food from Chefs.

Where do they get their Jewellery , watches , rings , etc., if they don`t work for a living .who pays for all of that?

Of course they get " paid" it`s just not the usual salary we are used too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit