Shunning

by jhine 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
  • jhine
    jhine

Right does anyone remember this chap ,Ex Walkhill Bethelite ? I expect some of you , like me , subscribe to his videos . This is the latest and I thought it worth sharing in case you hadn't seen it .

Do you already know about the information that he gives on shunning ? Any comments . Please share .

Jan

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This dude has to be trolling. Or, is he just a "slow learner".

Here's what he quotes:

"Those who were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses but no longer preach to others, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned."

This only refers to those that we here call "faders" -- "drifting away". It has no application for those who DA.

This is not a change. This is not "New Lite". And this does not mean what he is conveying about it, at all. If he is a former Bethelite, he really should know this.

This is good ole WT doublespeak. It's to be viewed by the "public". We all know how DF/DA really works, and so should a former Bethelite.

Doc

• jhine
    jhine
    DOC , l don't think he's trolling . l have watched a few of his videos and most are very good . However l thought the same as you about his application , but not ever having had the privelige of being a JW, lol , l didn't quite know what to make of it . He posted on here a while back about being slung out of Bethel . Jan
  • poopie
    poopie
    Good catch normal family relations remain. So technically df persons can have normal relations with there family not just there immediate family if if was just immediate family it would have said that bit it did not so stop shunning. Anyway elders share spritual things with df so they are in violation bad elder
  • gone for good
    gone for good

DOC

Your highlighted quote above is a verbatim quote from Jdub.org

It is classic JW bait and switch - they posed one question and proceed to answer a completely different one.

Those unfamiliar with the cult lingo will not realize the HUGE distinction betwwen former members and inactive.

Completely dishonest as are all things JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit