Passing ships in the night and the disobedient compassionate brother #2

by The Marvster 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Marvster
    The Marvster

Hi All, I've been away from the forum for many months, perhaps 9mths? Well if you were around back then you might remember the title of this post in reference to happening upon two brothers on separate occasions and their reactions to me being 'not what I expected of JW's. Something unexpected happened a few days ago.

Just over a week ago I started posting videos on YouTube explaining my exit from WT (what pushed me over the edge to start making videos was the content of the recent district assembly i.e. increased focus on shunning; Having processed the pain of losing some really good friends and members of my family, I then hear about this major push towards increased shunning and it was the tipping point for me).

I awoke Sunday morning and was reading comments made on one of the videos, and one of them was by this guy telling me that we used to be in the same congregation years ago and he met me on the road somewhere in London about a year ago and we chatted. My mind was 'fogged' at first but then I remembered who he was, he was the 'brother' who was the pizza delivery guy who stopped his motorbike and chatted to me and said he didn't care that I was DF'd but that he was speaking to me as a friend.

Well, it turns out he's out of the truth now, but the plot thickens; back then I remember him mentioning the Australian Commission, and I was thinking he might be having doubts, but I didn't want to push anything on him. But guess what? What I didn't know was that he was actually out of the organization already, and ironically, he was trying to feel me out, he knew I was DF'd but didn't know if I was still under WT control, so he didn't want to say anything out of line to drive me away.

He explained this to me in our back and forth emails in the last few days. We're actually meeting up next week. So after all that, he wasn't a 'disobedient compassionate brother', he wasn't a brother at all. How odd that it took a platform like YouTube for us to connect again.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I had been wondering about that.

Fascinating story!

Glad it worked out well.

Keep us informed, please.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Interesting! I hope there are many more like him.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

That's awesome I remember your post about this guy.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

See, you never know who you're talking to. And TTATT does come through for you. I'm sure you will have plenty to talk about.

• The Marvster
    The Marvster

Thanks guys, Will keep you all informed of how it goes down. LTPL - we definitely 'will' have lots to talk about. I'm almost sure there are many like this guy. So many JW's are now disobediently listening to apostates online via social media these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit