If I was still in I would not be enjoying this weekend!

by nowwhat? 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

After busting my butt at work this week, Half of Saturday would be out in service half of Sunday would be at the meeting. Then I would be stressing to get the yard in shape for the summer. And maybe after that have a couple hours to relax!

• blondie
    blondie

Unless I was pioneering I never went out in service on Sunday; I never saw the elders do it unless it was just to get the group on its way and then go home to eat or out with their family. And never on Saturday memorial weekend, we would do the yard and check out our camping equipment before camping every other weekend, no meetings at all.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Weekends are a chore for j dubs. I hated feeling guilty because I missed field service or a meeting.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’m so glad I didn’t waste my life with that crap!!

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

And for some PIMIs: The RCs and IRCs.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

No wonder so many people I know are on pills

RB

• blondie
    blondie

No wonder so many people I know are on pills.

And that includes may non-jws, RB.

Unfortunately, while we can leave the WTS in mind and body, out of the pan so to speak, it is good to be careful that we have not jumped into the fire.

• OnTheOutside
    OnTheOutside

It could be worse, like spending your Mem-Day holiday weekend at the RC in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

• blondie
    blondie

I missed that, not. We have been working on our garden and flower beds. One last day tomorrow, flower beds in the back, 1/2 the garden, mow the lawn. Then we are going out to eat at our favorite restaurant. Family members in the military: My grandfather (WW1), my father, WW2, Cold War, Vietnam, and my uncle, WW2., 1 great-uncle WW2. My cousin, Vietnam, 5 second cousins, all Vietnam. I considered the military (although I was baptized) but my non-jw father said to skip it (and you can see his record, 20 years in the military), it was not a good place to work, especially my being female.

But I appreciate those who did go with the right motive, and especially who lost their lives, their families also paid a heavy price.

Blondie

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Wow, Ms. Blondie, you have such a beautiful heritage. I would write a book from their stories. I'll bet it is a very lively dinner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit