Memorial invitation

by pontoon 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pontoon
    pontoon

I didn't hear their silent knock at the door but happened to catch two of'em leaving on my security monitor. No one I recognized. A memorial invite was left in my door. Had I had a chance to talk with them I would have asked "since Jesus only had his very close apostles with him at the 'last supper' what is the BIBLE PRECEDENT for JW's inviting everyone they ever met to go to the memorial? Not only that, you yourselves (supposedly) are only an invited guests, onlookers, what right do you have to invite strangers or anyone to a party that is not yours? I really don't care anymore, just to mess with them a little.

• Earnest
    Earnest

How do you know Jesus had only his very close apostles with him at the 'last supper'?

• pontoon
    pontoon

Earnest---

You must be a troll.....read the gospels, some conflict when Judas was dismissed, before or after the big chow down. Figure it all out yourself.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I did comment to my husband that Jesus said do this in remembrance in me, was referencing partaking in the communion.

If he believed only 144,000 do that, then he was not part of that request.

In my religion all are part of that, all are invited, all are in communion with Christ in remembrance of him.

He had that funny look on his face again....

• Earnest
    Earnest

Hi pontoon,

I'm no troll but happened to be thinking on this subject quite recently.

Matthew 26:17 - 20 "...the disciples came up to Jesus saying: 'Where do you want us to prepare for you to eat the passover?' He said: '...I will celebrate the passover with my disciples at your home'... When, now, it had become evening, he was reclining at the table with the twelve disciples."

Mark 14:12-17 "...his disciples said to him 'Where do you want us to go and prepare for you to eat the passover?'...So the disciples went out, and they entered the city and found it just as he said to them, and they prepared for the passover. After evening had fallen he came with the twelve."

Luke 22:7-14 "...'Go and get the passover ready for us to eat'....So they departed and found it just as he had said to them, and they got the passover ready. At length when the hour came, he reclined at the table, and the apostles with him."

John 13:1 "Now, because he knew before the festival of the passover that his hour had come..."

So it is quite clear this memorial is directly connected with the passover. If you think of the first passover and all subsequent memorials of it, it was not only the men but the entire family that was saved and subsequently celebrated it. So although only the twelve apostles are mentioned, as they are the principal characters, the nature of the passover was that it was celebrated by all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit