One Year Later - A Thank You to Tony Morris.

by cappytan 51 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

The more exposure the GB get the better.

Isn't there a Proverb in the good book that says if you keep your mouth shut people might think you are wise?

They should listen to that one.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Great letter Cappy!

It's interesting how something so relatively unimportant as the tightness of a man's pants or the color of his socks has had more power to wake people up than all the false doctrines and wrong-headed prophecies.

I guess it was simply the power of the WTF moment so many JWs had when they heard one of their leaders go off on such an obviously not-Biblical rant.

Keep it coming, GB members. You are your own worst enemies!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cofty: Isn't there a Proverb in the good book that says if you keep your mouth shut people might think you are wise? They should listen to that one.

Yeah, but I hope they don't!

• steve2
    steve2

I liked the part of Morris's speech where he claimed to have asked sisters if they liked men in tight pants.

Each sister, he declared, answered they did not.

Duh!

Quite apart from it being an inappropriate question for a male adult to ask females, what sister is going to give an honest but self-incriminating answer?! "Oh I love men in tight pants - it's a real turn on!"

Morris had such a huge audience that day - and so what does he talk about? Tight pants and gym gear.

What a dullard and tosser.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Cofty, there is a lot of good things in the proverbs, probably the only part of the bible of any value since the principles there were lifted from the Egyptian proverbs lol. But alas, they only care about the scriptures about the tight pant wearing sodomites who god smote with fire and brimstone.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCCckKkgpxQ

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Yeah. That speech was epic - epically stupid.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

I have one dislike on the Original Post.

Tight Pants Tony must be lurking. :P

• kairos
    kairos

Thanks for the reminder. A year already. Amazing.

The big question is: Can he top it? Will he be able to control himself NOT to?

These guys had it so much better when they were more of a "secret society".
    Now we can all see for ourselves what lurks behind the curtain!

Filthy cult leaders.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Cappy

If I were to write a letter to TM3, I couldn't have written it better than you did. Tony's talk had a huge impact on my family. The nail in the coffin. Great post. Thank you

Hope you and your family are doing well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit