One Year Later - A Thank You to Tony Morris.

by cappytan 51 Replies latest jw friends

• cappytan
    cappytan

Dear Anthony Morris, III:

I wanted to send you a note of "thanks" on this special day.

Why is this day special, you may ask? One year ago today, you, Tony, woke me up to the fact that the Governing Body could not have Jehovah's blessing or direction.

Last year, on November 8th & 9th, 2014, the United States Branch visit was broadcast to over 1,000,000 Jehovah's Witnesses across the country.

As I sat at the Kingdom Hall listening to the "historic occasion," I was ignoring certain doubts that had surfaced in the few months prior. I had decided to wait on Jehovah to address those issues I had. I had every intention of remaining one of Jehovah's Witnesses and continuing in my service in the organization.

Then you took the stage in all your glory. By the time your talk was over, all the doubts I had been ignoring resurfaced and within 24 hours of thinking about the audacity of your talk, I had accepted that you and the governing body did not have Jehovah's spirit or blessing. Like ancient Israel of old, I felt you had forsaken the spirit of the law and were no longer in Jehovah's favor.

Implying a homosexual conspiracy to put men in tight pants, amongst other things, was ludicrous, to say the least. The attitude you displayed towards the flock was one of disdain and haughtiness.

I am glad to inform you, Mr. Morris (for I refuse to call you brother), that because of your talk, I am now free of the influence of your organization, my wife is now free as well, and so are my children.

Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Sean aka Cappytan

(Yeah, that's right, I posted my real name!)

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Well done Cappytan and well done Tight Pants Tony, a win-win situation!
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Happy AM3 day!

What a difference a year can make, thank you AM3. On this historical day! You did more to wake up exjw’s in a few minutes than many of us have done with countless hours speaking against your cult.

Yes, you shook the faithful, they didn’t wake, but you planted a seed of stupidity for sure that they may be able to think back on in the future when they wake up. And those beginning to doubt your religion had their journey accelerated by your words.

Since this day a year ago, most exjw’s stories will contain a reference to your callous talk and the role it played in their waking up. You gave the jw world a glimpse of the power they are not allowed to criticize, and this was very painful because your talk solicited so much criticism for your small closed-minded religion. Because of this immortal speech now on record via the internet, more will continue to wake from it.

I speak for probably almost all of us exjw’s that we hope everyday another one of your diatribes is imminent so we can welcome more and more free minds waking up from their cult coma. So please, keep telling us what you think! -FMF

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Bravo cappy, and yaaaaay to tpt for waking up lots of people.!!!!
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

This man, supposedly one of a select few chosen by Jesus Christ, chose on a historic occasion to talk all about the many spiritual dangers of tight pants. To guilt sisters who wear exercise pants — while jogging. To guilt trip brothers who wear close fitting suit pants. To call into question the reasonableness of fancy socks. To denigrate brothers over 23 years of age who are not in an appointed position. To assert that “tight pants” are an elaborate conspiracy by “homosexual fashion designers” because they want to see young JW men in them. It was embarrassing to listen to.
    The way the the talk was delivered was embarrassing, too. It sounded as if he wasn’t even prepared. It sounded like he just rolled out of bed, got in front of the camera, and just started spouting off on his pet peeves. I left that meeting feeling very small. The religion I was in was not expansive, not life-affirming. It was small. It was petty. And it was utterly controlling.- Daniel Genser
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Congrats to you Cappy and your family for exiting the cult and gaining your freedom. We apostates can't match the effectiveness of the GB to wake people up.

One example is a long time JW friend of ours who has had doubts about the Borg for years but has clung to it nevertheless. Hubby and I have said all we could think of to help him reason and wake up with little or no effect. Enter TM3 last year, then ARC. The Governing Idiots and Liars by their own words convinced him there is NO Holy spirit anywhere near these guys. He now believes TTATT and is in the process of a fade. :)

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Cappytan, congratulations on having your wife and children out along with yourself. That's not an easy thing to accomplish!
  • Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

I've read in the past that this was a wake-up call for many. I wonder if he has any idea how many have left in part due to what he said that day? Do you suppose he regrets it?

Congrats to you, Cappytan for exiting with your family. Hope you're loving your new life!!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    There's a lot more things that Morris should be worried about other than tight pants.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Shortly after (later that month) I was around the generation older than me in the family, they were having one of their round table prediction, read between the line sessions like they have had for years. I was listening from the other room, and these uber dubs actually brought up the TM3 part and how strange it was then *activate cult minds* they jokingly and laughing compared it to Jesus saying to drink his blood..yadda yadda yadda and how people left, and this was like that, it was going to run off the weak ones. I sh!t you not.

What a shame and what a crap comparison. But it showed they were disturbed by it enough to have to come up with that nonsense to strengthen their zeal, and/or they had heard others talk about how ludicrous it was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit