While JWs in the 80s and 90s were attributing magic to demons...

by Island Man 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• Island Man
    Island Man

... Pen and Teller were showing people how it's really done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUcAido2x4I

But JWs are not superstitious, no, no. LOL.

• cleanideas
    cleanideas
    My dad didn't want me to watch David Copperfield because he said the demons gave him the powers to do his tricks. HAHA!
  • Absolutesbeginners
    Absolutesbeginners

"make people afraid , and you can do what you want with them "

( clever man who said that !! .and very rich now ; ) ..)

Demooooons

Under your Bed.......

Whouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I know this forum is not about music .

But when i think about "Demons" its reminds me that song /

30 years old , still funny !!

https://youtu.be/1zgip5IIv_E

If you dont like french humour

Go to hell !!

• blondie
    blondie

This one of those 2-sided opinions by the WTS.

*** g93 9/8 Is There Danger in Practicing Magic? ***

Most people, however, associate the word “magic” with entertainment. A person might create illusions with his hands (sleight of hand), having in mind that the hand is often quicker than the eye. There may be no Biblical objection to this. However, if there is a pretense of occult magic, would a Christian ever want to give the impression of possessing some supernatural, unexplainable power? Or if others are given the wrong impression by the “magical” performance, would a Christian not want to forgo such entertainment so as not to stumble others? (1 Corinthians 10:29, 31-33) In addition, there is the potential danger of a person’s being tempted to go further, into the deeper magical arts.

Therefore, when it comes to magic that is clearly connected with spiritism, true Christians wisely avoid practicing it. Beyond that, in all aspects of a Christian’s life—whether involving employment, recreation, or entertainment—he would want to “hold a good conscience,” a conscience that permits no offense against God or man.—1 Peter 3:16; Acts 24:16.

[Picture Credit Line on page 26]

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I thought the magic of 80s and 90s was the fact that Armageddon didn't come as the WTS predicted.

Yup, must be magic

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I read about a guy who did a coin trick one time. Then the demons made him kill people.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I had a conversation once with a JW from Nigeria and he was really vocal about demonism. Definitely a believer
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the only trick that still baffles me is when David Copperfield came out of some fish tank and started flying around all over the place, its clearly on a trick but I'd like to know how he does it
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Through internet I having an ongoing conversation with a JW I never met. Basically we 'fight' each other in a public forum, and try to 'save' each other through email.

In order to get my atheist mind to believe again, he (finally/desperately) pointed me to a series of videos that intend to show 'demon magic' as practised by Criss Angel, David Blaine and such. Because if demons exist, surely JW must be the truth, right?

I'm really taking the time to watch them all, and tear them apart bit by bit. My response includes links to the webshops were many of the 'demon' tricks can be purchased. Lol.

I really hope it makes the guy think....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit