Musicians Who Died in the Last Year - or Through the Years- Who Do you Miss Most ?

by flipper 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Glenn Frey of the Eagles passed in January this year. My favorite music and listen to them often.

Marina

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Bowie. I agree with you flipper. I've always been a big fan and it hurts that he's gone.

• flipper
    flipper

Some of you mentioned Richard Wright of Pink Floyd, John Bonham of Led Zeppelin, and Glenn Frey . Very true- all of these musicians deaths deeply affected me as well. I don't think David Gilmour will ever get over losing his close friend Floyd keyboardist Richard Wright. Gilmour has already written a couple songs dedicated to his former bandmate. And what can we say about John Bonham's loss ? It caused Zeppelin to disband- they just couldn't continue without him. And Led Zeppelin has always been one of my favorite bands up there with the Beatles. And Glenn Frey was in many ways the heart and soul of the Eagles , he was kind of the glue that held their tumultuous group together through the years. More likeable in my opinion than Don Henley. I mean personality wise- not necessarily music wise.

It just makes you wonder how much more great music these artists would have contributed ? I'm sure it would have been immense. Thanks for all your responses ! Keep em ' coming ! Have a great 4th of July weekend ! Peace out, mr. Flipper

• TheLiberator
    TheLiberator

Jimi Jamison of Survivor. Great solo work.😢

• St George of England
    St George of England

Brian Jones.

Still controversy surrounding his death but it would have been interesting to see how the Stones would have faired had he remained in the band and also if he had not died.

I still play early Stones music, takes me back to the 60's, sigh..........

George

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Freddie Mercury

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I bought my wife, my son and I tickets to see Elton John in concert this November.

Whats that got to do with this thread? Well it's my way of introducing " DAVID ACKLES"

Who is " DAVID ACKLES" ?

Well according to Elton John, Elvis Costello, and Jerry Garcia amoung others "David ACKLES" was a genius, singer/ song writer . Therefore may I suggest you listen to " Loves Enough" by " David ACKLES" who sadly passed away being appreciated only by his wife a few fans and those that are talented enough to appreciate genius.

The Rebel.

P.S. This lady also served " Marianne Joan Elliot-Said " July 1957 death Apri 2011) best known by the name Poly Styrene, and founder of X-Ray Spex....yes in 1977 great music was more enthusiasm than talent, and Punk Rock ruled...Poly in her later years became a Hara- Kristina and died of breast cancer at 53.

The Rebel.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Of the recent ones, Glenn Fry and David Bowie were very much a part of my music in my teens and 20's. I kind of figured I would be able to catch The Eagles in concert before they all went their ways.

• violias
    violias

Guy Clark died recently. He was mostly a writer but put out a lot of albums. Jerry Jeff Walker and many other famous singers covered his songs. One you might know, " LA Freeway".

I miss Johnny Cash very much. I miss Janis Joplin a lot, I can't imagine what she would have done had she lived longer. Stevie Ray Vaughn, so many more.

2016 is setting a record for celebrity deaths. I will also mention Prince, mostly b/c I hoped he would leave the Org. and in a big way. and of course Michael Jackson.

• JRK
    JRK

I still have trouble wrapping my mind around Frank Zappa being dead going on 23 years. His music is still fresh today and will be for many decades to come. I wish he were running for President this year.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit