Voyager 1 & 2 40th Anniversary of their Lift Off

by smiddy3 8 Replies latest social current

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Fourty years ago NASA sent two probes that were to go on a mission ,Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 in two trajectories through our Solar System getting what information they could from the planets they passed close by.

40 years later they surpassed all expectations and are still sending signals back to earth.

Voyager 1 has actually gone into what is termed interstellar space that is it has exited our Solar system free from the constraints of our own Sun having travelled some 13 Billion miles from Earth

Voyager 2 which was on a different trajectory will soon itself leave our Solar System and go into Interstella space having travelled some 11 Billion miles from earth so far.

Both of these satellites/probes carry messages from the world of humans / governments to whoever might find it (Alien life forms ) if they exist and find these probes.

My attention is drawn to the Bible account of the Tower of Babel which really couldn`t have been that high seriously.and yet Jehovah God felt threatened by what man could achieve if they had one universal language ?

What must he be thinking now I wonder ?

Hang on he did act before the Tower of Babel was completed did he not ?

The Voyager Missions have been going on for 40 years and reaching Interstellar Space.?

And their is no GOD intervening with that project .!

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Back in the 50's, JW's poo-pooed the idea of any form of space travel. They based this on the Scripture at:

Psalm 115:16New King James Version (NKJV)

16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord’s;
    But the earth He has given to the children of men.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill
    Hang on he did act before the Tower of Babel was completed did he not ?

Dead right! That's very obviously why it didn't get as far out as Voyagers 1 and 2.

(Just joking!!!!!!)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

another blunder from the creator of the universe with The Tower of Babel , I wonder how a supreme intelligence has so little foresight and vision, the original sin form the first man; failed, fallen angels impregnating humans; failed, The Tower of Babel; failed, and the releasing of the devil from the Abyss; a guaranteed failure. I wonder why theists dont see a pattern that has emerged?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Good one smiddy3. As a kid I was so interested in the moon project. Some how this threaten my dad. When I would talk about it he would get mad and say Jehovah would never allow man to land on the moon citing PS 115:16. He never talk about again after they did. Do you all remember when NASA turned voyager around to look at the earth after pasting I think Neptune. The earth was a speck of light showing how insignificant we all are compared to the universe. Yes that tower of Babel really was a threat to Jehovah. NOT! Still Totally ADD

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Mans greatest achievement if you ask me.

• waton
    waton
    16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord’s;
    But the earth He has given to the children of men.

sb: not just Jehovah, Jesus too, should take note, Because Satan, having been confined as wt teaches, since 1914 to the Earth, now attempting & extending, reconquer his realm via Nasa. Soyus, back into the universe and Jesus, enthroned, even now having 132 000 resurrected immortal warriors, not reacting, with hundreds af millions of angels ready to destroy those drones?

do we see the smiling approval of the real creator?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Both of these satellites/probes carry messages from the world of humans / governments to whoever might find it (Alien life forms ) if they exist and find these probes.

On at least one of them is a message from the Vatican Pope Paul V1 who quoted psalm 8 where he used the name of God Jahweh .

So the Catholic church has eclipsed the JW`s into sending the name of God into Interstellar space as well as covering the earth with their Christian message.

• St George of England
    St George of England

JW's used to teach that man would never be able to send rockets into space. The "reasoning" behind this was that without an atmosphere to "push against" rockets would not work. Evidently they had never read Newton's laws of motion! Probably an old Consolation magazine.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit