Why haven't you been to the meetings?

by Zana 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Zana
    Zana

Some cong-member asked my wife this question (in the street, stopping her on her bicycle) in a rather police-like fashion. I wasn't there so I don't know her immediate reaction and response, but she got very upset afterwards and one day later this still occupies her mind. I believe it's an emotional mix of anger, sadness, shame and guilt.

She doesn't like this intrusion in her privacy from some JWs and on the next occasion she will try to make this person respect her boundaries (or just ignore her). It has happened before with other people, but she blames the individuals for their inappropiate actions and doesn't (want to?) see that it's mostly the JW corporate culture that promotes this kind of thinking and behaviour.

How can I capitalize on this (trying to wake her up just a little bit more)? And how can I make her feel less shame and guilt? There were several reasons she didn't go to some meetings recently. Either somebody in the family was sick or we had better and more fun things to do as a family (which I encourage of course).

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Tell them you can not give up oral sex in your marriage and it really bothers your conscience. Therefore, you are ashamed to enter the Kingdom Hall. Watch them, as there jaws hit the floor and they make a quick exit.

OR

You could also tell them you are having financial problems and really could use some help from the "friends." Guaranteed to make any JW run like hell, never to be seen again. Lol

• dbq407
    dbq407

Typical JW fashion. At a witness funeral a JW got in my non jw uncles face and started preaching to him and he had to put her in her place. Same woman also got in another ladies face who hasn't been to meeting in a long time and said you better get back to meeting because the society is moving forward at a fast pace and you don't wanna miss the train.

The crazy train that is.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    You might focus on the fact that they didn't stick to being friendly and concerned in a "How can we help you?" way.
  • User99
    User99

ToesUp's comment about the finances sounds good. I may use that myself, if only to see what reaction is prompted.

Although it's tempting to use what I've read here before: "What? You don't have the Internet?"

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Just say you were doing other things and leave it at that. Don't let them control your comfort.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Never fall into the habit or trap of providing explanations or excuses....

Simply keep it friendly and say "thanks for asking, yes, we are keeping well. How are you keeping? " and end the conversation politely....

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    dbq407 "The crazy train that is" FUNNY!😂 You should say so now the great Jah is driving a train...thought he had a chariot. Well at least he is coming into the 19th century.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why haven't you been to the meetings?

It`s a repetition of the same WBT$ Crap..

....Day after Day,after Year,after Decade..

...Image result for same old shit quotes

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions
    show her the ARC with jackson...where he said they are not spiritual police.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit