Update on everything going on in JW Land - Insider Information

by thedepressedsoul 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Is that a typo? 150+ baptisms per convention? I was in for around 40 years and can't remember a convention with more than a couple dozen, max, and usually more like 10-12.

Correct, in 3rd world countries. At least the ones I have personally been to. Keep in mind these are usually fairly big conventions held in that area and could be for multiple surrounding areas. In those countries they usually have a lot less convention sites then we have in the states. There may only be one or two per coountry where we have multiple ones per state.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Depressed soul, if you really are high up can't you tell us something interesting? Just one thing? Come on!
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    This thread doesn't deliver, sorry. Information? Where? I can read baptism figures in the report. The rest is a statement of the bleeding obvious. And no mention of what is clearly the most pressing issue to the leadership at the moment - the severe lack of money.

Sorry to disappoint. I knew a lot of this was already "known" but I was confirming that it was actually the case vs most that were simply assuming.

The money issue is a hard one. That is at the top of the top to know the world wide finances. Only information I can give you on that is that in local congregations, esp the one I am, the amount we were supposed to be sending has already been cut in half as we were not able to get close to the amount we voted on.

I can also confirm that the remodels to the Wallkill resident buildings have gone millions over budget vs what they were planning. The same were true for Warwick.

If I were to say one thing, I don't think they are currently struggling financially. I feel as if they are expecting a big pay out and are preparing for the storm ahead of time. The numbers don't add up. All the branch closures, money grab, more donations and so on should have been more than enough to carry them. Our hall alone sent close to $50,000.00. Granted they already had access to this money since all congregations kept surplus with the branch. Only thing I can think of is that they realized they couldn't pay back these congregations if they decided to use the money for their kingdom hall.

It's as if they are preparing to be financial strained.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    thedepressedsoul: It's as if they are preparing to be financial strained.

Or maybe...responding to the aggressive demands of an unnamed industry that needs LOTS of financial investment to keep it afloat.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Are you in personal contact with the GB? Or other people high up at bethel? Would you say these people believe it's the truth or are there doubters among them?
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Are you in personal contact with the GB? Or other people high up at bethel? Would you say these people believe it's the truth or are there doubters among them?

I've met a lot of them. I'd liken to going to a meeting. Everyone at the meeting seems crazy into it, their comments make them seem super spiritual, they're in JW mode. However, after attending for a while you start to see that a lot of the members are struggling spiritually, have doubts, watch movies they shouldn't, party and so on.

When those guys are all together (people at bethel), they have the spiritual suit on so it's hard to know. They at least all act like they believe around each other. It's not like together they're all laughing at what chumps the R&F are. How the 7 are when it's just the 7 of them, I have not a clue.

You have to keep in mind too, a lot is kept behind closed doors. Just to get to the legal room alone you have to be authorized to even get in the door. Same with their server station.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Or maybe...responding to the aggressive demands of an unnamed industry that needs LOTS of financial investment to keep it afloat.

I've never seen anything to suggest that the GB aren't in charge. They no doubt take advice from legal and financial team but they seem to be running the show. They personal visit new building HQ, branches and seem to have the final say.

It's hard to know though as they have a corporation for everything. Watchtower, Kingdom Services, World Wide Work, Construction Relief etc... I'd hate to be the guy assigned to investigate their financials. Everything is behind a different name.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Wow!!! And thanks the thedepressedsould for all of your input. Much appreciated!!
  • PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix

I'd like to start off by saying that I will be very vague in everything I say. I am fairly "high up" in JW land and have to be somewhat careful how I word and say stuff. Sorry in advance if any specific details are left out.

Bro Stephen Lett is that you :)

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Bro Stephen Lett is that you :smile:

I hate Lett! His pants are always so tight! Crap... I said too much!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit