Trolley cart "witnessing" is getting ridiculous

by oppostate 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate
    seriously, is this Photoshopped?

No, honest to goodness, he's a real congregation elder, and his wife took the picture--They pioneer and they're both, ehem, "self-employed," although it isn't clear in what sort of business. Oh, and they moved back into his mother's house to simplify. You can't make this stuff up!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Today people avoid any kind of solicitation on the streets and doors.

Girl Scout cookies are still going strong but any other tables or carts set up in front of

banks, Wall-Mart or supermarkets irritate folks. What happen when folks come across

charities stands, they look the other way. JW's are late to the game of solicitation. LOL

The KH in my area set their carts in the door way of the KH, do they really think that

someone will walk up to the steps of the KH and ask for a publication. Most people cross

over to the other side of the street.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

What makes you think thy are doing it for the general public,the guy was sat down having a rest but still getting his hours in and now that the magazines are undated he could have the same copies on his cart for 6 months or 6 years and nobody would notice.In my city all the carts are have teaching books that have been printed in 2006 and they could quite easily be there in another 10 years time.Of course the thing that upsets the apple cart is when people take the magazines and teaching books because that means they have to be replaced

• Wayward
    Wayward

James Mixon- Girl Scout cookies are delicious! Perhaps the JW carts/booths would get more attention if they disguised the propaganda with a bake sale?

• Listener
    Listener

Along with Stan Livedeath's suggestion, why don't they stick a sign at the front of their homes with the JW org logo and a picture of some literature with a bit inviting people to knock on their doors for some literature.

They are so willing to invade other peoples privacy.

They'll likely feel that they will be a target for retribution but what better way to satisfy their need for persecution.

• steve2
    steve2

I was in New York for a few weeks recently and was surprised by how very few literature trolleys there were - may be one by Bryant Park on 42nd street - but not consistently throughout the day. On one day, when I had some spare time I decided I'd stop at one of the trolleys and engage the JWs. It wasn't to be. They weren't at the usual location or anywhere else.On other days I saw one or two in the background of busier areas around 81st street but none had any high visibility. None.

Oh, I caught a couple in one of the hotter subways with their trolley - the damn place was also too noisy to converse !! and - again- I would have been the only individual to notice them. Pathetic.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep...the stoopidity of the org and its members is increasing on a daily basis!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Why don't they just tattoo the JW.Org logo on their bloody foreheads.

Then they can shut the f**k up.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    2+2=5: Why don't they just tattoo the JW.Org logo on their bloody foreheads

And their right hands

• Landy
    Landy
    Why didn't they have this when I was in? Perfect for someone who doesn't like cold calling at people's doors or having to talk to someone!

Thay's my thoughts too. Could have took a flask and a good book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit