Wife in cult mode. What was the topic this past weekend 10-18-20

by goingthruthemotions 7 Replies latest social family

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

As always i preferece this post with a: I despise this CULT!!!! so glad the boys dispise it as well.

So, as stated...She is in a cult mode and I am trying to figure out what the trigger was. The watchtower rag or

maybe the talk.

we do good for about 2 to 3 weeks and then she goes into cult mode. usually triggered by a study or a comment.

POS cult. also BTW.....she has not gotten food from the government via the cult in about a month.

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

The WT Study was: “The Resurrection Reveals God’s Love, Wisdom and Patience

Acts 24:15 There will be a resurrection.

Lots of speculation of how ones will be resurrected and needing to be taught God’s ways.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

There is no way of knowing what the local talk was . But yes, the WT study on the resurrresurrection painted speculative glowing pictures of how the dead may return, their characters being the same, how they would look the same, etc all based on a few words in John 5 : 28 &29.

After my mother died , I really bought in to tnis belief. I wanted to hug my mother again and have her in good health. When I woke up and realised that it was all human speculation, I was really disappointed.

• waton
    waton

gttm: May be song 123's melody stirred her up.? Not once did they mention the first resurrection, ( the ones that will be resurrected before paradise starts.) They did not mention marriage, mates' fates. The nightmare of waking up from the "sleep of death", and finding your widowed mate, that survived Armageddon, -- married to a perfect partner, but you barred for life to participate in libido?

Anyway, married couples often can read each other's thoughts and if you find out the reason for the turn in mood, there is openings to expose the gap between truth and wt's religious fiction.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Lots of speculation of how ones will be resurrected and needing to be taught God’s ways.I think ,

"Lots of speculation " sums up the Jehovah`s Witness / WT religion quite aptly.

Can you give us an example of what she is saying ? or doing ? or how she is manifesting this cult mode ?

give us something to work on here , GTTM

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

My wife sometimes gets that way. If the magazine or a meeting part talks about a particular problem in marriage, then, suddenly, we have have that problem. Same way when there is talk of someone who left. The only reason they could have left is the reason the WT gives for those who left.

I have to admit that the WT has become expert on propaganda/brainwashing techniques. They are right up there with the North Koreans.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

just ask your wife outright for an explanation--just why she has switched on cult mode . Then deal with it based on her reply.

sooner or later she will shun her own kids.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Interesting post on the resurrection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit