Good news to report: Congregations merged because lack of attendance, publishers & field service

by Khaleesi 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• dbq407
    dbq407
    In the last ten years within a 60 mile radius 6 cong. merged into 3, while 3 of the k.h. were sold off. This is in the midwest
  • sporece
    sporece

Have seen it happening twice.

Once in Brookfield Il. when in 1984 one became two and then around 2008 became one again.

Happened to be in another congregation in Franklin Tn and same thing happened.

There is hardly any growth, only a few young ones getting baptized.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Well now, I'm confused, truly confused!! According to a JW broadcast last year (May was it?), why, growth and expansion was outpacing the congregations! New LDC that replaced RBC, was to create something like 1,000 new Kingdom Halls!!! So.....what happened? I mean, WT sure pushed & guilted the masses to fork over even more money, including all the Congregation funds? (except for $5K).

Sounds fishy to me!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I see many in the congregation I go to very depressed and some I know personally going thru major depression especially the young "sisters" in their early 20s....

It's sad to think of these young sisters struggling between their inner voice and youthful ambitions, and doing what they've been led to believe is the right thing to do, namely to wait and hope rather than take action. Hopefully for this younger group, they will be able to get out and recover while they still have energy and the sparkle of life hasn't been completely rubbed off.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I know. And all this inspite of the understanding that ''we are the happiest people.''

I just don't understand it.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I was surprised today as I walked past the KH in my town while I had a couple of hours to kill, I very rarely head over to this side of town and noticed the cong that had its name on the sign outside it had a new name attached to it, a name I've never heard of before being a cong at all, so it leads me to realise that this is the cong that my ex wife attended, merged in a new name to be part of the cong on my town, they shared a hall with a neighbouring cong for over 20 years I'm wondering if that has gone also, perhaps a look at Google maps will confirm this.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    yep removed in 2000 form the UK Charity list! this was the cong whose hall I was married in, and an elder in my ex wifes cong gave our wedding talk in , who also sat on my JC, but was later to die in a freak accident in his workplace!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit