A question to Non-US forum members.

by Spoletta 55 Replies latest social current

• bohm
    bohm

I don't understand the purpose of this speech. The president read some general politiciantalk from a teleprompter someone else wrote for 45 minutes and every minute everyone has to applause like he just declared ISIS was defeated even though many plainly disagree with what he is saying (like reducing trade).

This is how I was feeling when he said the dead soldier was watching his talk heaven.:

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Feeling because of

a. the mixing of fairytale religions and politics?

b. trump probably being an atheist in reality?

c. all of the above?

lol. that stuff creeps me out too. ew. truly cringe-worthy. I was having a trigger seizure during all the religious mumbo-jumbo during the inauguration. Felt like the twilight zone

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@bohm - I'd love to visit Sweden.

Whatever problems it may or may not have, Sweden is a beautiful country with a high standard of living.

It also has a progressive, tolerant, forward-facing culture that serves it well for the most part. I'd like to visit Stockholm, and Swedish Lapland - Jokkmokk and the like - and Gothenburg.

I'd also like to visit lots of places in the US - another beautiful country.

• bohm
    bohm

c. it is creepy. like we are supposed to think the guy is up there in heaven looking down on the speech and feel happy because he too feels it is good TV; ungrateful bastards if we don't. It seems the event is "watch the president pretend he is a cast member of a poorly scripted west wing episode".

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Yea when someone in politics says god I black out from sheer discomfort. A sad reality, no one in this country would ever elect an atheist.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Unfortunately within the US federal government operations there is an enormous amount of partisanship between the two competing main political parties which reduces the progressive proficiency of the what the federal government can accomplish.

For example ...Obama's last term was stymied mostly by the Republican help Congress,

like his proposal for improving the country's infrastructure.

Now Trump is going to do the exact same thing and now watch and see Congress approve it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit