My response to a letter I received from a JW doing FS

by smiddy3 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It is a response to a letter I received to explain God`s Kingdom and to refer me to JW.Org. Type written but signed personally.

And this page looks like it has been photo-copied. So obviously he has sent many more around this community.

I intend to send this letter back with my hand written response as follows. I wanted it to be be brief but to the point.

Your opinions are welcome.

To the elders ,You are quite welcome to speak with me personally.You say that as a J.W. you continue to draw attention to God`s Kingdom.I have no issue with that .Christendom has done just that for the past 2000 years. And now has approx.1.2 Billion members today.

You would do well to join the Australian Royal Commission into Institutions of child sexual abuse ,A.R.C.

That you have admitted has occurred within your religion, Before the deadline of the 30th of Dec.2020.

Not to do so would be a failure as a Christian Religion as it would be morally and ethically wrong and would bring reproach on the name of Jehovah and his organization JW.ORG

Bringing reproach on the name of Jehovah and going against his arrangement of things is not something to be taken lightly.

Romans Chapter 13

Signed by the householder

A friend.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Smiddy - no suggestions but I have one that I'm going to do as well. I am delighted to let you know I have been sent a copy of the little brochure 'Return to Jehovah'.

I know the big bad GB are so and sos, but the individual publishers can be so sweet. So I'm going to take the approach that they wrote to me because they care and I'm going to convey that I care very much about them.

I like what you have written Smiddy and its thumbs up from me

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thank you Anna Marina ,oh well I got 4 likes and your feedback , however I will now correct myself and say Christendom has approx, 2.4 Billion Adherents worldwide

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have posted the letter today and wonder if I get a response I signed my name but never gave an adress or phone number .I`m in a regional area that only has about 6000 people and every one knows everboy else just about.

My niece who now lives away and is still active I beleive that she would have told them that as a family we were very involved in the religion,though we never got a shepherding call and we have lived here for the past 13 years.

Before that we lived interstate

Maybe a visit is just around the corner .LOL

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Oh Smiddy - I like to give them my full name and address - you end up with these wonderful tumbleweed moments. So these zealous preachers are... hmmm... where? And their response is... silence. It's very peaceful and relaxing.

It's not really as much faff as this but keeping vampires at bay ain't that difficult. You just pull out your Bible and slap 'em with the Scriptures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IhEgYa6_2U

Anyway be interesting to hear if anyone gets back to you. I'll do my letter when I've finished my next vid. Nearly there. Just around the corner - I hope. :)

• GregW
    GregW

Writing letters to people is a way of putting hours in so being there are social restrictions due to the Virus problem, JWS are writing letters to past members and to the public.

Actually easier to just ignorance them in comparison to getting a phone call.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I received another letter tody from another JW ,i think that is the 3rd one in a month or so .

This one from a different person who signed her name and gave me an email address to write too.

{The name of this person is the same as my SiL `s freind when my SiL lived here years ago.

If it is she would be getting on by now and maybe rember us when we lived here in the mid seventies.}

Which I will do when I sort out what I will put in it. It also had the theme What is god`s kingdom.

I`ll vary the subject to what I replied to the other JW.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Hello Smiddy, I realize my answer is a bit late, but I reviewed the letter you already sent as follow. Notice that I try to be a bit more blend so as not to trip the "Apostate" alarms in their head:

Dear Jehovah’s Witnesses,

I received your letter and I am pleased to see that, like many Christian denominations, you take part in the Christian ministry that has brought 2.2 billion individuals to Christ around the world. I also have a special thought for those of your religion that suffer persecution and oppression in various parts of the globe. As many other Christians around the world, you are a fine example of true loyalty to our lord and savior.

In this world, filled with evil, even the most well-intentioned organizations have been infiltrated by evil and, sadly, your religion, like other Christian organisations, have been the target of pedophiles. This has been well established by the Australian Royal Commission into Institutions of child sexual abuse (ARC) which has resulted in changes in policies in various groups, including yours! While your leaders have not manifested their desire to take part in the redress scheme accepted by most, I hope you incorporate further advises that were provided by the ARC during their procedural review as some significant ones have not yet been put in place.

Your ministry is certainly important and no doubt you want to bring people closer to God and to the values thought by our Lord Jesus. For this reason, I hope your organization will be able to clear its issues unveiled by the ARC so that millions around the world will be able to focus back on your teachings rather than being troubled by the results of this commission in your regard.

Your fellow Christian,

House holder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit