Literature cart preaching outside a hospital

by truthseeker 8 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Here is one thing that really annoys me.

I live opposite a large hospital. There is a pedestrian crossing connecting the hospital to the other side of the road. It is at the end of the crossing that the dubs have their literature cart. They are within spitting distance of the hospital entrance. There they were last week at it again, this time, the featured magazine was "Will Suffering Ever End?"

For me, there are only reasons why people go to hospital. They are sick or they are visiting someone who is sick. I hear a third option. People work there.

But for the first two reasons I mentioned, I think it is very inappropriate for the witnesses to be showing their "Will Suffering End" magazine so prominently to hospital visitors.

Suggestions? Could I contact hospital management and ask that they leave or go somewhere else less prominent?

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

I don't think you should get involved on this. Claiming that suffering will end is the motto of all religions. The JWs put a chart on the street, others go inside the hospital and make enthusiastic prayers or sing out loud. It's not a JW's peculiarity.

Anyway, do you really think people even stare at the charts?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Everyone ignores them anyway. Getting them moved on will only feed into their persecution complex. I am certain they won't recruit anyone anyway.

People these days are not interested in scams and money grabbing cults.

I'd leave them to fizzle out on their own.

No one is interested in them.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

How about seeing this as an opportunity to sharpen your ati-watchtower witnessing skills.

• Incognito
    Incognito

From your description, it seems the cart is setup on or beside the public sidewalk. Although it may be close by to the hospital entrance, if the cart is not actually on hospital property, there likely would be little the hospital administration could or would do about it.

Unless the cart is creating a safety concern or obstacle, the town/city will also likely do nothing.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

Have you ever talked to the JWs parked out there and told them that preying like vultures on a vulnerable population is unconscionable?

maybe that's too many syllables. Ever tell them that they are asshats for going after sad or ill people?

they are low class. They know it even with their superiority complex.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

The only people who stare at the carts are on their own videos of actors walking up to their carts with their fake smiles pretending to like the propaganda .

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Casually go and do some "street epistemology" using the "socratic" method

• steve2
    steve2

You could do stuff that draws attention to them - but that would be self-defeating, wouldn't it? You could complain about them - but if they are on public grounds, you won't have a legitimate complaint.

You could ignore them like most passersby. Now there's an idea!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit