Since you left, have you become more moral?

by Coded Logic 47 Replies latest social family

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

In regards to:

Respect

Sympathy

Gossip

Intellectual Honesty

Fairness

Family

Equality

Cost/Benefit

Epistemology

etc.

. . . ?

• Ucantnome
  • SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11
    I think in a lot of ways, yes. I was so afraid to have an opinion before because I thought I had to read the WT to tell me what I thought. I guess I feel more confident in my morals.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    I burp out loud n stuff.....thats not good huh?
  • kairos
    kairos

I have taken an interest in EVERYONE now instead of just JWs.

I'm having a hard time forgiving myself for my narrow views that contributed nothing to society.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    In some ways yes. In other ways no. It's harder to be patient and have the endurance to deal with BS at work when you come to the realization that life is very very short.
  • Syme
    Syme

Yeah, I've become more moral: I don't long for the death of 99.9% of the Earth's population in Big-A anymore.

I don't condone anymore the atrocities committed by God or "God's people" as found in the Old Testament; I don't believe people should be punished, or watched, for what they do in their private lives, as long as they don't hurt anyone; I've stopped being homophobic; I don't shun people; I don't give orders anymore; I don't judge; I lie a lot less.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

YES!

I agree with kairos and syme...

My witness-prescribed judgmental attitude has now gone, and I see people as : people! Yes, people worthy of respect, even if they dont agree with me on everything or have the same views as me!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I try extremely hard now, because I want to , not out of fear. I try & work on the important things - like charity & caring for everyone ,& forget the unimportant things like the swear words (quite enjoy a good cuss sometimes!).
  • never a jw
    never a jw

I was born and I will die Moral-less.

F. Morales

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit