Happy Mother's Day - never would have happened in JW land

by Zoos 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zoos
    Zoos

I'm a huge fan of the Canadian Tenors. [google them..... You will melt]

Saw this video and realized, this would never happen inJW land.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ayPgUT4Te2k

• alanv
    alanv

Yes its a shame JWs do not follow their own advice regarding mothers day.

Awake! 2003 Sep 22 pp.23-24
    "When considering whether to include a piata at a social gathering, Christians should be sensitive to the consciences of others. (1 Corinthians 10:31-33) A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area. Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues."

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing it. Anything that is beautiful is turned in the ugly by the watchtower.

I hate this organization more and more each day.

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks, I had never listened to them before. Victor Micallef has a beautiful voice and you can hear the passion.

• Zoos
    Zoos

oooops!

• Zoos
    Zoos

Anything that is beautiful is turned in the ugly by the watchtower.

It really is. You can't even celebrate the birth of a child or, if you believe he is your savior, the sacrifice of Christ.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

wannaexit said: Anything that is beautiful is turned in the ugly by the watchtower.

I was thinking the same thing. I was never baptized and I didn't play by Botchtower's games. I always called my Mom on Mother's Day. She would feign 'oh we don't celebrate that' but I know she loved it. Ha! F!ck you Watchtower.

Zoos, thank you for sharing that video. It is beautiful and those guys have awesome voices. To give them that amount of joy, is what we as human beings should constantly be doing with each other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit