Child abuse files. Request to return files before litigation

by sp74bb 5 Replies latest jw friends

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

A group of former JW in Spain has decided to request through law the return to any file regarding child abuse. An official request has been sent today and a copy of this one has been copied to the Ministry of Justice and other government officials.

Starting Jan 16, we expect to get our request and receive the confidential files regarding our sexual abuse years ago.

We will keep you posted !

• Hecce
    Hecce

Good, good, good

• Bruisedandbleeding12
    Bruisedandbleeding12

Really good news.....if this works then we can see how the same will work in other countries!!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Google Translate of letter:

Miguel García Lopez Av. 08913
    BUROFAX WITH PROOF OF DELIVERY AND RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGMENT
    Date: January 9, 2014 /

D. Alberto López Mayo Chairman of the National Board of Jehovah's Witnesses Crta M-108, Km. 5 28864 Ajalvir, Madrid

Serve this burofax with certified content to demand that this confession proceeds to give me all the documents relating to the case of child abuse that I denounced to the Corps of Elders of the congregation of his confession in Castellar del Valles.

The letters and internal documents of the confession show not only the existence of documents, records and annotations in the local congregation, but also that some or all of these documents are transmitted for the storage, custody or treatment of the data to the national headquarters Of Jehovah's Witnesses in Spain.

Before starting other legal actions, I invite you to group all the documents relating to me so that you can withdraw them either personally or by person with sufficient power for your facilities in Madrid from next January 16, 2017.

In the event that they do not have such documentation, they must deliver a document signed by a person with sufficient power to proceed with their destruction and to withdraw any information relating to me that they have assigned or delivered to other institutions outside the realm of the Kingdom of Spain.

In the so-called "publisher's file" that I signed at the time there was no indication that I authorized the transfer of my data to other entities, not even the matrix of Jehovah's Witnesses or the so-called Governing Body.

I will send a copy of this burofax to both the Ministry of Justice and all the administrations involved in the defense of my constitutional rights.

Signed:

D. Miguel García Lopez DM

This appears to be Miguel Garcia requesting a copy of his own personal information that the Bethel in Spain has on him.

He also appears to be asking for the Bethel to contact his congregation on his behalf and get a copy of his personal information that that congregation is holding on him.

Miguel Garcia's letter is dated Monday 9 January 2017, and he wants to pick up all the above information himself from the Spainish Bethel seven days later on Monday 16 January 2017.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Great! It's only fair and right to have your own files. Great idea! i hope it spreads

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

In the so-called "publisher's file" that I signed at the time there was no indication that I authorized the transfer of my data to other entities, not even the matrix of Jehovah's Witnesses or the so-called Governing Body.

Google translate of the Current? (Spanish) S-21 Form:

I hereby expressly consent to the inclusion of my personal data in a file owned by the Spanish entity "Jehovah's Witnesses". I give my unequivocal consent for my personal data to be transferred internationally to the Jehovah's Witnesses' ecclesiastical board known as the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, based in the US state of New York, as well as To other international entities linked to the world religious confession of the Jehovah's Witnesses. I am informed of my rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition that can be exercised before "Christian Witnesses of Jehovah", with address in Ajalvir (Madrid), Ctra. Torrejon-Ajalvir (M-108), km. 5, or sending an email to arco.es@jw.org.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwqmWMK7dwtlN2sxYmVQeHFCOXM/view

I thought that the signing of the S-21 by publisher's was now considered not necessary which is why it has been removed from the English version (two elders reviewing with an individual about becoming an unbaptized publisher review how the card is used, and by the very action of submitting a S-4 they are deemed for that information to be used for a pastoral care etc etc)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit