Part 5 of 5 "Isaiah 9v6 - The Prince of Peace"

by JW Answers 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

The Jehovah's Witnesses teach that by coming to the Father, you can gain peace. However it was prophesied that Christ the Messiah would be called the Prince of Peace. As we look further into the scriptures, the Lord Jesus taught that no man can come unto the Father, instead they can only come to the Lord Jesus. True peace can only be found in the Lord Jesus.

This video helps Jehovah's Witnesses, and ex-JWs understand that there is true peace out there, but not in righteous efforts, not in an organisation, not in good works, but in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, showing forth from the Bible who He really is.

Watch here at :

The Prince of Peace

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

The Messiah prophesied...

Isaiah 9:6
    "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”

There is a WAY of PEACE :

Romans 3:10-17
    “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Their feet are swift to shed blood: Destruction and misery are in their ways: And the way of peace have they not known:”

John was used to guide us to that peace:

Luke 1:76-80 KJV
    And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us. To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.

What is the way?

John 14:1-6
    “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

Christ is the only one that can bring us peace with God.

Romans 5:1
    Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:”

Ephesians 2:13-14
    “But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;”

Colossians 1:19-21
    “For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled.”

The Gospel brings peace, once believed

Romans 10:9:15
    “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, how beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!”

The ONLY Gospel for today that can offer PEACE

1 Corinthians 15:1-4
    “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”

The Peace we have is unlike the peace the world can give us

John 16:33
    “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

True peace can ONLY be found in the Lord Jesus Christ.

No Jesus, no Peace. Know Jesus, Know Peace!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Both were spoken by Jesus, the Prince of peace. How do you Explain this

Matthew 10: 34

Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household

Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit