Shibboleth or Sibboleth?

by stuckinarut2 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It seems that for a witness to keep up with the ever changing doctrines, teachings, beliefs and ideas of the society is a way to identify a so called "spiritual one" compared to a "weak or non spiritual" one!

Just like the account in "Gideon's time", if someone did not pronounce the word Shibboleth correctly, they were viewed with suspicion or even killed!

So too, if one doesn't know the latest "truth", they are to be viewed with suspicion or caution!

• stuckinarut2
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Actually, these days, few give a rats ass about the minutia of the Truth. After all it changes with the wind and on the hour. Its more about whether you have the proper electronics, badges and can conceal your movie viewing habits successfully.

• Simon
    Simon

Jehovah: killing people with speech impediments since 1000 BC

What a lame, lame test of whether someone is "faithful" or not. It sounds like pure 100% xenophobia, even Trump wouldn't sink as low as Jehovah (that's hopefully an insult to both of them).

• blondie
    blondie

I remember that being preached from the platform; a way to determine inactive, df'd, da'd, apostate jws....before computers. It was harder than to keep up with WTS changes. But now with sites like JWN, readers know what's new before the "faithful" at the KH.

• Simon
    Simon

Now you identify apostates because they know the WTS changes before the main membership has been told about them. LOL

Remember if anyone asks you anything, just say "overlapping generations?" and look confused. They will believe you are a current member.

• 2badsosad
    2badsosad

Since becoming a so called apostate myself, I've found that my knowledge of current WT 'truths' is far better than when I was an active witness. I believe apostates are far more current on WT teachings than the so called witnesses in good standing. Can you say ironic?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Exactly! Those who are not on the witness treadmill actually know MORE about the "current truth" from sites like this than the drones in the congregations do!

It is never about the CONTENT of teaching, just the OBEDIANCE to the society....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit