I encountered JWs in street a couple of weeks ago.

by Chook 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

I was at my brother in laws house and seen them on opposite of road so I went and sat on brick fence ahead of their route, as they walked pasted they asked is this your house to which I responded no. I asked what are you selling, then they showed me a tract.

My first question was to this middle aged couple was " what is the youngest age someone in your church gets baptised?" To which the husband said 14 and I asked has he heard of any younger which he denied ( we know Geoffrey Jackson was 11). So I asked is a child in his church free to go and examine other religions without sanctions, to which he replied yes. Then I said if that 14 yo child after being baptised went to another church service to just make sure that the church of their parents was teaching the truth would there be sanctions, I could see them getting uneasy. I pinned them down on the issue by asking if the child would be free to attend family bbq while attending another church. I didn't get angry or agitated I simply tried reasoning that some people would consider getting married at 14 would be unwise based on child's level of maturity. I reasoned that life long binding commitments at 14 seems harsh. I further asked did Jesus's parents shun him when he created his own religion or did John the Baptist get charged with apostasy. I said shunning was once considered pagan practice ( I didn't mention that it was in their own literature). I could see the wife's mind trying to process the info. Just planting seeds.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Lies straight off the bat I wasn't aware of any age restrictions to baptism.

No, a JW or a child of a JW cannot go and examin other religions willy-nilly without repercussions.

• Chook
    Chook

The reason I took a couple of weeks to relay this story was , when I seen JWs doing the streets my brother in law and wife knew I would sneak off an bait them. I mightn't have fear of God but certainly still have fear of wife. Some people say grow balls but peace on the home front has its price , and you males who think they have the final say haven't been married to long.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Don't worry chook your secret's safe with us, "she who must be obeyed" will never know.😉

• smiddy
    smiddy

A happy wife makes for a happy life , I know I`ve been married for 56 years.

Well done Chook you never know the seed may take root someday

• jaydee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit