borrowed ideas from christendom?

by road to nowhere 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Once I heard from a GB, "keep on keepin on". A church phrase. When they came out with the idea of the "way" I was dumbfounded to find churches using the same, remember the Bible called the Way?

The suffering of Christ story told at memorial is identical to what many churches tell, right down to the explanations given by experts and doctors.

There are more I can't think of right now. It is like there is a master source of ideas for sermons and ideas somewhere on the web.

• venus
    venus

Similarity is natural.

A higher vision would show that all religions are same in essence and differ only in details. When humanity as a whole was grateful, earth was like paradise. When they became ungrateful and egoistic, paradise was lost and new world became old world. God would renew the provisions for life’s enjoyment whenever humans deplete/destroy them. (Mathew 19:28)

ESSENCE: The new world became old when humans went into slavery of materialism.

DETAILS: When woman went after the fruit of a tree, or produce of earth, which is materialism, says one religion. When woman went after a deer made of gold which is materialism, says another religion.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The JW religion has always followed in the footsteps of Christendom .They claim that Christendom became an Apostate religion after the last Apostles died off and most certainly by the 2nd-3rd Century when the Bible Canon was decreed as to what books of Scripture was to be accepted as approved.

Instead of coming up with their own list of books/scripture as to what was the word of GOD they just followed christendom`s protestants and accepted those as their Bible.

Their are heaps of other writings/books/scriptures that could have been included as the word of GOD of that era.

Some that are even mentioned in the Bible yet are not included in the modern day Bible.

Example:

The book of Jasher

The book of Enoch

The book of Jubilees

The testament of Noah

To name a few ,their are many more

Their was no way they were going to include the books the Roman Catholic Church have in their Bible or the Eastern Orthodox Churches etc,etc.

Jehovah`s Witnesses are nothing more than a parasite religion on Christendom sucking the blood out of Christendom where they can poaching off their members wherever the churches have gone before them.

They have only come after Missionaries have gone before them.

They have never ventured into virgin territory such as the true Muslim lands and witnessed about their message that make up over 1 Billion people.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

i like the one when she opened a box. i think the point is that materialistic women have ruined the world?

ok just kidding

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

great points smiddy

parasite religion indeed

• Half banana
    Half banana

The JW cult is part of Christendom, albeit that this term is virtually obsolete. JW religion shares the same modern myths of what the primitive church looked like and it bases its whole reasoning on a literal take of a modified version of the original Roman Catholic selection of 'sacred' texts.

In all aspects they are under the umbrella of Christendom however much want do deny it. Religion deals with fantasy not concrete reality therefore words, especially the words of religious propaganda, as Humpty Dumpty said to Alice, words can mean anything you want them to:

When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that's all.”

Lewis Carrol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit