Another suspect JW experience

by neat blue dog 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The latest JWdotORG experience tells of using video conferencing to hold congregation meetings inside jail for prisoners. It says that the prison director himself and his wife have also started attending the Zoom meetings and quotes him as saying

“These meetings are of great importance for the spiritual and emotional well-being of the prisoners during this period of social isolation. Also, it’s remarkable how the meetings contribute to creating a peaceful environment among them. Undoubtedly, Bible education helps us to fulfill our objective of transforming prisoners into useful members of society.”

Unless he's already a JW, using such expressions as "Bible education" seems a little weird. I dunno, maybe I'm a little suspicious but JWs have been known to pad out their experiences to say the least.

• Overrated
    Overrated

The whole story smells like it's made up by the creative minds of Watchtower.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The fact is a lot of prisoners find religion. Anything that occupies time contributes to peace

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Also, it’s remarkable how the meetings contribute to creating a peaceful environment among them.

They’re all asleep!

• JeffT
    JeffT

I don't buy the prison director participating

1) it's probably a violation of prisoner privacy rights

2) It's a security violation for him

3) He's an f-ing idiot if he puts his wife out where she can be recognized.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    I dunno, maybe I'm a little suspicious but JWs have been known to pad out their experiences to say the least.

neat blue dog,

The name of the prison is given there in the image in the article on jw.org: Complejo Penitenciario Pampa De Las Salinas Provincia De San Luis

You can contact them and get verification.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Hah dreary weather, I had the exact same idea. I was gonna post the phone number: +54 266 442-5364

The prison chief saying 'Bible education' could simply be a case of the JW translator showing his bias for familiar expressions.

I agree many JW experiences are suspect..and many of them would go like 'a director of a prison in a Latin American country' instead of mentioning details. This one includes specific details, so I think there might be some truth to it

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

In UK the Yorkshire Ripper has considered turning to Islamic gangs to get protection in jail.

“If you are a child killer, rapist or a mass murderer, the only gang who are going to let you in are the Muslims but you have to convert to Islam.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/707126/yorkshire-ripper-islam-muslim-convert-prison-peter-sutcliffe

Anyone noticed how the latest public WT is aimed at people who are Middle Eastern? The front cover has a woman wearing a headscarf and jacket (maybe suggesting a student) and pic on page 10 shows a beared (but not too bearded) man praying.

A large part of WT beliefs come from something called Theo Sufism. Sufism is a branch of the Muslim religion.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    Usually 100% of all inmate communication is monitored by correctional staff for security reasons.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Yep they turn on the zoom meetings at 7:30 and by 8:00 the inmates are sound asleep!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit