Introduction - Any Believers?

by Believer 240 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

I just read an article on CNN of a poor kid who got killed by a brain eating amoeba just because he decided to go swimming. They say lakes and rivers/ponds are teaming with these Amoebas in the southern states. What kind of sick ass god would create such horrible microbes? People who defend god make me sick. There is no word to describe how dumb you people are for defending the idea that god is love and just. I'd love to give you a glass of that amoeba filled water and then you can go meet your loving god and give him a one-fingered salute for me!

• Lieu
    Lieu

DJS, I think maybe you should re-read my posts. Not that I was even speaking to you in the first place.

Aside from that, maybe it's wise that you "grow up" and understand that I am not interested in your opinions on my beliefs. I walked away from a group of people such as yourself a long time ago. 😉

I'm free to post whatever I want whether you like it or not. Been doing so here for over 14 yrs. I'll believe what I want whether you, the WT, or the trash man doesn't like it.

You must have been an elder, talking down to others in such a manner. Btw, that was a nice long "I hate God" post you wrote. Well good for you.

Live and let live. Good day to you.

• DJS
    DJS

Lieu,

An expected response. What you didn't do, and what you can't do, is suggest that anything I said isn't 100% accurate. Because it is. And what you didn't do, and what you can't do, is suggest that your reasoning and rationale are not immature and irrational. Because they are.

When someone's response is solely based on ad hominem and whining about to whom you posted (you are posting to the world wide web - if you've been on this site as long as you say you should also already know that), it is a clue that you have no rational response.

So instead of wasting everyone's time (other than showing lurkers and fence sitters the horrors of your god and the irrationality of trying to defend a bronze age book of nonsense) and getting your panties in a wad about me, I suggest that you work at being more rational and evidence driven.

I can help you Lieu, but you have to let me.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    "There will always be a gap I won't be able to bridge".

I believe this is crux of the issue. There are too many gaps, too many contradictions. They're a lot of people reading this debate and not saying anything you simply can't win the bible condemns God the history of ancient Israel is either true and this God exist and he's not a nice deity or its all man orchestrated to scare people into submission.

Cofty has made this argument with others that try and defend there version of god and it pretty much ends the same, its a hard argument to over come when this is claimed. " All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness. 2 Tim 3:16

Interesting enough not even a century ago if anybody rejected any part of the bible or contradicted it, they would be executed for blasphemy or heresy. The bible was held as the indisputable word of God. Now it seams once presented with facts about their creator and or belief they back peddle into pick and chose what I believe, "Christians". Unfortunately those who disagreed with the Bible weren't given the same consideration.

• Lieu
    Lieu

The OP asked if there were any believers. If you aren't a believer, why pop in? Is it just to argue with those who are? Talk about "immature and irrational".

Yawn ... too many years as a JW makes you crazy.

1. Their emphasis on the Mosaic Law is irrelevant to Christians. It doesn't apply. They do it because that GB has decided Christ is only for a few, so the rest get Moses.

2. Whether you think the God of Israel is cruel is subjective. It depends on whether one was a Jew or a Gentile (particularly a Canaanite).

• DJS
    DJS

Regarding Jesus/Jah

Destroying billions is so nice, they are going to to it twice:

Rev. 14: (At Armageddon)

And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, and he also had a sharp sickle. 18Then another angel, the one who has power over fire, came out from the altar; and he called with a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, saying, “Put in your sharp sickle and gather the clusters from the vine of the earth, because her grapes are ripe.” 19So the angel swung his sickle to the earth and gathered the clusters from the vine of the earth, and threw them into the great wine press of the wrath of God. 20And the wine press was trodden outside the city, and blood came out from the wine press, up to the horses’ bridles, for a distance of two hundred miles.

Rev 21: (after the 1000 year reign)

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

And baby (the flood) makes three.

I'm ashamed I used to believe this.

No one can rationally explain these scriptures. There is no spin that can be placed on them other than J&J are monsters, before the bible was written, in the OT and especially in the NT. Jesus does not love me.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Who told you God is gonna kill billions? The JWs? Really? Seriously? You believe them?

JWS and numbers don't really mesh. Lol Just sayin'

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Lieu - too many years as a JW makes you crazy.

When your brain is messed with relentlessly with the cruelty of the WBT$, then yes; it may well actually do that.

I was talking to one chap who thinks the WBT$ is a factory for spitting out atheists.

I'm not getting into belief vs: non belief, I find it boring.

• DJS
    DJS

Lieu,

Every major x-tian religion for nearly 2000 years has applied those scriptures in exactly the same manner. That belief served in large part as the legitimacy for the Crusades, the Conquistadors and hosts of other atrocities, wars, murders and genocides committed by x-tians and in the name of Christ. The tips of the Conquistadores' spears were sharpened by Jesus.

That some are backing away from that belief/teaching suggests x-tianity is finally learning a bit from its mistakes. But like Islam, until they divorce themselves from the relevancy and most importantly from the legitimacy of their sacred writings (Koran/Bible) and the inerrancy and god inspired nature of them we will continue to see the same beliefs rise up in horrific actions and latently cause needless divisions amongst our species.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Why is it that those of YOU who no longer believe in God seem to think you can blame God for all the bad things that happens in this world. It totally infuriates me when you claim to take a book written by a bunch of old men claiming it was inspired by God.

I never once blamed God when my son died because a jerk of a man with a medical license who was also committing all kinds of insurance fraud at the time let him die from toxicimia and almost killed me in the process.

I never blamed God when I was diagnosed with bladder cancer BUT did find out five years later that some jerks one set of which buried lead based ammunition on a hill which every flipping time it rained dumped tons of lead right into my drinking water. Second set of jerks the city water authorities LIED to us for years about the amount of lead in our drinking water. NOW, this explained the very high concentration of bladder cancer in our neighborhood.

I do not blame God for these rediculous migraines I get all the time, chemicals, perfumes, colognes, foods, medications and things in the environment.

God did not write that book just some men claim it was inspired by him.

Men create wars not God. Humans with guns cause others to get killed or injured not God. I had a good friend leave the Pulse just 2 hours before that horrible incident because he is just getting over his 2nd round of adult leukemia. He never blamed God for his leukemia.

If God had created Religion there would have been one Religion thus there would not have been all these wars.

That Bible was written by men intended to give men power over women and children -- if you still have those beliefs go somewhere else cause this lady WILL NOT tolerate those backwards views!! Here in the US women were given equal rights a very long time ago. I have lost count as to male victims who have fallen prey to violating my women's rights.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit