Why does the Lord always want to take his fury against innocent animals?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Genesis 6

5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

Ezekiel 14

19 “And if I pour out my fury by sending an epidemic of disease into the land, and the plague kills man and beast alike, 20 though Noah, Daniel, and Job were living there, the Lord God says that only they would be saved because of their righteousness.”

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

If God cares about the smallest bird, why does God always want to take out his fury on innocent animals?

I have never seen a Watchtower article on this topic. The answer would never make any sense.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Here's a theory - the god of the Old Testament is not the god of the New Testament Jesus speaks of.

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

Not because God of OT is different from God of NT but because

Bible contains all sorts of characters—good and bad. So are its writers—good and bad.

God-dishonoring writers added such accounts which depict God as killer of humans and animals, and were so thoughtless that they added such accounts in Genesis Chapter 6, immediately after Genesis 5 where we read “God made mankind in HIS IMAGE.” (Genesis 5:1) In contrast, God-honoring writers wrote such things as Isaiah 66:3-4; Mathew 5:43-48; 10:29-31 etc.

God-dishonoring writers will have their agenda, and are thoughtless too. For example, immediately after saying things such as “With the measure you use, it will be measured to you” (Luke 6:38) we find Jesus is shown as supposedly declaring things such as Luke 7:26-28 contradicting himself and all known logic:

John the Baptist is not merely a prophet, but “more than a prophet.” (Luke 7:26)

“Among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.” (Luke 7:28)

In effect, it is like a king saying about a person: “This man is more than a father to me, but in my new palace which I am constructing now, he will be treated less than a house-servant.” What ingratitude it is, what logic it is!!!

And thoughtless interpreters would interpret it as saying “This is the proof that Jesus spoke of two different hopes—HEAVENLY and EARTHLY—and John the Baptist has only earthly hope, not heavenly hope.”

Thus agenda is implemented--two HOPES were introduced—Jesus as the first fruit to the heavenly hope and his chosen 144000 as belonging to “Kingdom of Heaven,” and all others as belonging to earthly hope called “Kingdom of God.”

This teaching belongs to God-dishonoring writers because Jesus taught both “Kingdom of God” and “Kingdom of Heaven” as one and the same, both are used interchangeably. (Mathew 19:23-24; 11:11; Luke 7:28) It is “Kingdom of Heaven” because the one who “restores and renews” is God the Father in the Heavens. (Mathew 6:9; 19:28; Acts 3:21) Its effects are enjoyed by people of “restored and renewed earth” hence its “Kingdom of God.” (Revelation 21:1, 5)

This only shows serpent is not one-time occurrence as shown in Genesis 3, but it is continuous. (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Animals are not made in the image of God. Originally man had the same moral character as God. Then, he took on another nature.

The wages of sin is death.

So, sacrificing innocent animals not only provided meals for those hungry, they also provided a substitute for the death required by law for sinning. It was a vicarious death of the sinner that was enacted.

Likewise, Jesus died a substitute death for all those that would believe that his sacrifice would be sufficient on their behalf to be grafted back into God's family and receive the original moral character of God .

• Abraham1
    Abraham1
    Sea Breeze,

When asked "Why did you break Sabbath?"

Jesus defended it saying “My Father worketh until now; and I work.” (John 5:16-17) God and Jesus worked all the days, which means Jesus was not aware of Genesis Account that describes a God who works six days and takes rest on seventh day. Concept of Sabath was later adoption. Yet Jesus did refer to what is given in Genesis 5:1 which says “God ‘made them male and female.” (Mark 10:6) Jesus upheld the SIMULTANEOUS making of mankind in “God’s image, as male and female”—not the God-dishonorng account of making woman out of rib out of man! God would never inspire an account which indirectly conveys the patriarchal mind-set—especially so when God Himself refers to Himself as woman and also as Father. (Deuteronomy 32:18; Isaiah 63:16; Mathew 6:9)

That means Jesus is not aware of a story that tells we became sinners because of first Adam, which requires second Adam, Jesus, should die on our behalf. Compare John 5:24; 1 John 2:17.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit