I’m calling on you and your neighbours to apologise.....

by DomineIvimus-DI 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• DomineIvimus-DI
    DomineIvimus-DI

I spent a few days recently on holiday in the town where I grew up. In my old “territory” really.

My overriding feeling was that I should be going round knocking on doors, searching out 45+ year olds and apologising to them for telling them that the end of the world as we know it would in all likelihood be coming before the turn of the century, and if not very soon after (cue picture in the Live Forever book).

Thank God no one paid me much attention back then

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

When I come across old territories even some where I had "studies" I always feel the same way.

Just that guilt trip we get from knowing how stupid and gullible we really were.

No, but seriously, why aren't you out there knocking doors? J/K.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Thank Jehovah , I never got any person drawn into this cult.

But I apologized or at least admitted to my close friends and relatives - whom I offended - that I was wrong(And Stupid) and that I had been in a cult

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Being on this board and giving your experiences and sharing your story` s are enough .realistically.

Because lets face it it would be an impossible task logistically for one reason or another.

But we know where you are coming from , just thank "God" nobody listened to you and became a convert .LOL

And welcome to the forum.

• DomineIvimus-DI
    DomineIvimus-DI

Thanks Smiddy. I guess even if I tried to go back, with my track record on predictions who would believe me.

Thankfully I have never had to try to get anyone to swallow the new generation “understanding”. That must have been a tricky one to deal with

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit