JWs exist because...

by oldskool 33 Replies latest jw friends

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

A watcher if you believe the bible please consider the following verse -

Luke 21:8 He said: “Look out that you are not misled, for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time is near.’ Do not go after them.

This is the first thing Jesus says when asked about the time of the end. So what is the 'good news' that JW's are preaching? Is it not 'the due time is near, come after us or be slaughtered by Jehovah'?

How many warnings did Jesus give about false prophets? Name a religion that has preached more false prophecy than JW's. If this is the time of the end and JW's are not false prophets then who is and on what basis?

I'm guessing you believe in the devil as well, if so ask yourself if you believe the devil controls the world and false religion, would it be too hard a task for him to get one of his false religions to preach a false message throughout his world?

In my opinion JW's exist because personality disorders like narcissism exist and because mind control is real.

• bohm
    bohm
    JWs exist because people are susceptible to thought-reform.
  • David_Jay
    David_Jay

JWs exist because many people feel safer compartmentalizing their lives and the world into extremes of good and evil, labeling people as either enlightened and ignorant, and they will give up their freedom in exchange for leaders who will pat them on the back and be that outside source that will constantly tell them that they are right and that others who don't share their views are wrong.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

JW,s exist because you CAN fool some of the people all of the time.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

People fear death and want a pet panda to snuggle with forever.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people" (More so the JW's)

• sparky1
    sparky1

......because 'fools rush in where Angels fear to tread.'

• Londo111
    Londo111

Undue influence.

In particular, information control. Lovebombing. Harsh punishment for those who do not agree 100%.

And what Slim Boy Fat said about 1914. Had WWI started in another year, some other Adventist group using the 2520 year calculation would have likely used it to confirm their prediction and the Bible Students would have long faded away and been entirely forgotten.

Of course, whether this group would become a fullblown cult like JWs would require a tyrant like Rutherford to take over.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Because....

One can find a nice wholesome social mix among them.

DY

• Room 215
    Room 215

The fear of death and the allure of easy answers/solutions drive them into the arms of the cults.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit