Nurse Sacked for asking patient to sing "the lord is my shepherd"

by Olig 4 Replies latest social current

• Olig
    Olig

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/21/nhs-nurse-offered-bible-cancer-patient-loses-appeal-tribunal/

The title instantly made me think it was a JW but turns out just a 'normal' Christian. Wouldn't surprise me tho.

OG

• blondie
    blondie

Amazingly, there are other religions that are quite pushy about this. I remember a man at work said his sister-in-law (never jw) said she would pray for him because he was an atheist and god would not listen to his prayers. (wow!) He said he didn't need her prayers. She insists on praying at all family events, he just leaves the house.

I have found that jws are taught not to pray at non-jw events.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

There may be another side to this story. But if anyone requests that you not speak about religion or politics with them, honor their request and let Jesus or Trump be the last subject you ever bring up in conversation.

If they are open to discussion however, make sure your discussions are not on company time....unless of course you are hired as a spiritual animator or the like.

• blondie
    blondie

Good response, Vanderhoven7. I was always careful not to speak on company time and only if people asked me a specific question. I always told them they might not like the answer. A person in a hospital is basically a hostage depending on the care of staff, nurses included. There may be another story but it seems it seems it has been handled in court and that these aspects are most likely have been considered.

• cofty
    cofty
    Ms Kuteh told a bowel cancer patient in April 2016 'that if he prayed to God he would have a better chance of survival.

That is where she really crossed the line.

It's difficult to deal with somebody who is convinced their obnoxious behaviour has divine approval.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit