Don't touch ark of covenant

by Chook 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

I always wondered why David didn't die for disobeying the law regarding transporting the ark of the covenant...didn't the buck stop with him?

Instead Uzzah died because of David's disobedience.

Why does the WTS use Uzzah as an example of disobedience and downplay David's?

• scoobydont
    scoobydont

Moral of the story ? When you see an elder falling, quite literally, do not reach out to try and stop him from hitting the hard concrete !

• lookout
    lookout

Let's not forget, Uzzah was a Levite. The ark was in his house for 20+ years. He had to know everything there was to know about the ark, or he would have died a long time ago. When David came to move it, Uzzah failed in his duties to inform David how the ark was to be moved. The fact that he thrust out his hand tells me there was a lot more going on then a simple, whoopsie daisy.

• prologos
    prologos
    Uzzah failed in his duties to inform David how the ark was to be moved. The fact that he thrust out his hand tells me there was a lot more going on

Yea, think of Bathsheba's husband, he tried to show David a thing or two about soldiers abstinence from sex while their unit is on duty, and see what happened to him.

Try to tell the Governing body where they are wrong, as they inevitably are,will prove to be, and see what will happen to you. Or show the glorious ones , aka local elders for that matter. They all believe in the badly sprung, inflexible cart,

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

WE must remember old David whacked off 200 men foreskins for a bet, a great guy but David did become angry because of the Lord's outbreak against Uzzah.

• lookout
    lookout

He was angry at himself.

And after this incident, notice he didn't ask the other elders, 'what now?' He got out the scriptures and researched for himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit