Don't touch ark of covenant

by Chook 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chook
    Chook

I raised an issue with a CO once about an elders qualifications, he visited my house and in no uncertain terms said don't touch ark of covenant ( referring to elder as ark ) , I was gob smacked then he said to wife and I that if we pursued such an avenue we could be grieving gods Holy Spirit. So ther you go elder are on par with God .

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I always wonder what would have happen if Uzzah didn't reach out and take hold of the Ark. Lets suppose he let the Ark fall and the little golden Cherubs wings came off, the acacia wood splits apart and the contents spill all over the ground. I believe he was in a situation where he was damned if he did or damned if he didn't. It's a human reaction when you see something falling to reach for it, the same with an elder qualification.

• prologos
    prologos

one way or another the cart is on a rocky path. .

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

There was no cart...there was no ark and there is no need for elders or for circuit overseers.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Elders have qualifications ? Just asking. And you are quite right JM ,it`s a natural human reaction to reach out to stop something falling.

.Uzzah didnt have a hope of pleasing this bloodthirsty God , it was just another excuse to take another human life.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Why didn't you get up an bop him in the teeth ?

• Wayward
    Wayward

ROFLMAO
    That's so flippin arrogant its funny!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I remember that analogy was used to explain why the Witnesses couldn't correct the organization. (Ark = The Organization). It was right up there with "running ahead of Jehovah's chariot". (Chariot = The Organization).

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Another death caused by David. David ordered the Ark to be moved, and organized the move.

• lookout
    lookout

I think you should have raised the issue about the elder's qualifications with the elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit