Oh no Dan 2.44 is being fulfilled. My ex told me so it must be true.

by KateWild 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

So my 14 yr old son and I are sitting discussing the EU election vote, and joking around that the we could see a future with Donald Trump and Boris Johnson being the UK and US leaders. We were swapping pictures and jokes from facebook.

But his dad is sitting there waiting until we leave, and comes out with "Well Daniel 2.44" which reads.........

"And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed onto any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite."

So me and my son just look at each other and smirk. I so wanted to say something like " So this kingdom that was set up in 1914, more than 100 years ago is using the EU vote to finally crush all the kingdoms of the earth? What has this kingdom done for JWs this last 100 years?"

But I had restraint. My son later told me that his dad is calling me an apostate, hopefully his dad will have to shun him too, because his is inactive and got removed from being a publisher when he was 9 and does not want to be a JW.

Here is the picture that instigated the conversation...........

Kate xx

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Haha Kate! Great thread.

Can you imagine the arrogant world political standoff that will happen if Trump and Putin and Boris go head to head?!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Oh and Putin too. Dan 2.44 must be true. What if I don't get reinstated in time? Will Jehovah still kill me if I go to all the meetings?

Kate xx

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I know that I'm going to start building my 'bunker' tomorrow! Damn storm troopers scared the sh*t out of me!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• KateWild
    KateWild

Lol yes.....it's funny how every news item is fulfilling prophecy, but Gods kingdom has done nothing since it started ruling in 1914.

Kate xx

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Haha! I expect all of us would testify that Witnesses have been attaching speculative significance to local and global events as long as we can remember. I expect we've all done when we were mentally in as well. I remember when I was in my early twenties and seeing the first Gulf War thinking it could be the beginning of the end for example.

This is no different. It's all been talk about feet, toes of clay and iron. We must be at the scum on the end of a very scabby set of piggies by now!

As you say Kate - all these events but zero evidence of God's Kingdom of doing anything whatsoever.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think Boris and Donald is the same person--just one is standing sideways.

• KateWild
    KateWild

K99,

yes to be fair I was one of those. But I woke up.

Kate xx

Tell me about it Malc. There is a resemblance.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

90's was Clinton 😜

Funny pic though

• Wayward
    Wayward
    I heard an elder tell his book study group during the first Gulf War that Saddam was the King of the North and Armageddon was here. Yeah, I'm still waiting......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit