Heil Trump. Sieg Heil.

by oppostate 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

On point LRG.

Bernie's statement was about as racist as could be and so out of touch as to be humorous. He obviously doesn't keep up on the stats that show more 'white' folks live in poverty than others....or was he trying to say that all black people are poor and live in the ghetto? That's an insult to everyone no matter which way you think about it because the entire statement is false.

Now - I always loved Bernie's passion for social programs and so I recognize that he, just like any politician whose sole purpose on the campaign trail is to say things to win - might just have put his foot in it it by saying something he didn't mean. It was said simply to fire people up and create a base - and like every single politician, especially career politicians, their whole strategy is to divide, conquer and keep separate.

The only non political contender out there is Trump - and the very fact that the old school politicians who are married to the media, big banks, Wall Street, corporations, Hollywood and global elite can't figure out why he's so popular, speaks volumes about how out of touch they really are.

It's an interesting campaign. sw

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Sammielee:

I agree with what you are saying. I think Bernie should just stick to being a congressman. I think he sees a need for more transparency as far as the Fed is concerned. Everything a politician says is going to be taken out of context and ran with from someone on the other side.

Trump is not a member of the CFR nor has he attended any Bilderberg meetings that I know of and so he is not in the club of elites who are controlled by powerful international globalists and financiers.

Reminds me of The Captains and the Kings

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

littlerockguy

Trump is not a member of the CFR nor has he attended any Bilderberg meetings that I know of and so he is not in the club of elites who are controlled by powerful international globalists and financiers.

He is an elite by mere virtue of his wealth. He agrees with the financial elite in his basic philosophy therefore he will act and govern like them regardless of whether they contribute to them.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Donald Trump Jr. appears with white supremacist on radio show

WASHINGTON
    U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump kisses his son Donald, Jr. at a campaign event at Regents University in Virginia Beach, Virginia February 24, 2016. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts
    U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump kisses his son Donald, Jr. at a campaign event at Regents University in Virginia Beach, Virginia February 24, 2016.
    REUTERS/JOSHUA ROBERTS

One of Donald Trump’s sons appeared along with a white supremacist while giving an interview on a conservative radio show, adding to concerns that the front-runner in the battle to be the Republican candidate in November’s presidential election is willing to accept support from extremist supporters.

Donald Trump Jr., who is actively campaigning for his father, gave an interview on Tuesday on "Liberty Roundtable," a conservative Utah-based radio show hosted by Sam Bushman.

During the show he was questioned by James Edwards, another radio host whose show "The Political Cesspool" is described by the Southern Poverty Law Center, a leading U.S. civil rights group, as "racist and anti-Semitic."

During the interview, conducted over the telephone, Trump Jr. talked about what a good father Donald Trump was and how his campaign is changing the Republican Party.

“It’s not a campaign anymore, it’s a movement,” he told his interviewers. (here)

Edwards said on his blog on Tuesday he would rebroadcast the 20-minute interview on Saturday on "The Political Cesspool." here

The show, founded in 2005 and syndicated by Bushman's Liberty News Radio organization, has featured such extremists as former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke and Holocaust denier Willis Carto.

Edwards also said on his blog he had attended a Memphis rally for the billionaire candidate as a credentialed media member last Saturday.

The Trump campaign, asked about an interview in the presence of the Tennessee-based Edwards, denied any knowledge of it. The campaign also said it did not know about Edwards' personal views.

"The campaign provided media credentials to everyone that requested access to the event on Saturday in Memphis. There were close to 200 reporters in attendance and we do not personally vet each individual. The campaign had no knowledge of his personal views and strongly condemns them.

"Donald Trump Jr. was not in attendance and although he served as a surrogate for his father on several radio programs over the past week, to his knowledge and that of the campaign, he did not participate in an interview with this individual,“ campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks said in an email.

Edwards, in an email, directed questions about the interview to Bushman, but said in a statement:

"My show, The Political Cesspool, promotes a proud, paleoconservative Christian worldview, and we reject media descriptions of our work as “white supremacist,” “pro-slavery” and other such scare words.

"As I clearly wrote in yesterday’s article, in no way should anyone interpret our press credentialing and subsequent interview with Donald Trump, Jr. as any kind of endorsement by the Trump campaign."

Donald Trump won a majority of the states holding nominating contests on Super Tuesday, accelerating his march to the Republican nomination.

He has promised to build a wall on the Mexican border, temporarily ban Muslims from entering the United States and block Syrian refugees because they might be militants, all policies popular with some U.S. right-wing groups.

Republican leaders in the U.S. Congress on Tuesday condemned white supremacist groups after Trump earlier failed to disavow support for former Klan leader Duke, but the leaders declined further comment on Trump's White House bid.

House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan said any Republican nominee must reject any group "built on bigotry" while Senate leader Mitch McConnell said Senate Republicans condemned groups such as the Klan and "everything they stand for."

(Reporting by Eric Walsh; Editing by Simon Cameron-Moore)

This article was funded in part by SAP. It was independently created by the Reuters editorial staff. SAP had no editorial involvement in its creation or production.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-extremists-idUSMTZSAPEC33G5QT8C

• done4good
    done4good

A good article that describes the paradigm shift in the GOP, and why Trump has the favor he has among his supporters. Since its not written in block letters, and in WT dumbed-down language, I am not sure many Trump supporters will, (or could), read it though. (Hint: comparisons to George Wallace are not good, if that helps...)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/09/opinion/campaign-stops/donald-trump-the-winning-wild-card.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-right-region®ion=opinion-c-col-right-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region

d4g

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm sorry to dip my little fly in peoples' ointment but this idea of saying Trump's like Hitler because of Trump's ban all Muslims policy still strikes me as a bit silly.

From what I've read, Hitler preferred Islam over Christianity and admired Muhammad.

If people are trying to draw moral equivalence between Trump's policy on Muslims and Hitler's treatment of Jews, then this is also a bit silly. Banning Muslims just doesn't compare to gassing Jews.

So, when Trump says he wants to build a wall to keep out Messican immigrants or when he says that there should be a shutdown of Moose limbs going to America, what's he saying to his supporters? - and answer came there none.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    and answer came there none.

Why should they answer when they can keep spouting ad hominem propaganda?

This is like Ben Affleck yelling "RACIST" at Bill Maher and Sam Harris because they disagree with Islam ideology. The only difference is that Bill and Sam are liberals. Trump is running on the Republican ticket, so everyone attacking his stances get a pass.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

interesting article

The rise of American authoritarianism

A niche group of political scientists may have uncovered what's driving Donald Trump's ascent. What they found has implications that go well beyond 2016.

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/1/11127424/trump-authoritarianism

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The thing is, Juan, I don't think Trump would make a good prez. There are doubts over is suitability.

But calling him Hitler is a cheap shot that achieves nothing.

People say that Trump is appealing to peoples' fears. This may be so, but peoples' fears may be genuine. It isn't a crime to be fearful of illegal immigrants or Islamic terrorism.

It would be much better for the rest of the candidates and the entire US political establishment to calmly answer Trump's proposals and point out why they are unethical and unworkable. Then to come up with policies of there own that answer peoples' fears on illegal immigration and terrorism.

But it seems that the establishment is still taking ordinary American voters for granted - something that won't hurt Trump's campaign.

These same people call Trump the next Hitler. Now who's appealing to fear?

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    The thing is, Juan, I don't think Trump would make a good prez. There are doubts over is suitability.

Oh I don't think he'd make a good president either. I'm for Bernie.

However, the whole Hitler and Nazi attacks amount to little more than ad hominem trolling. It cheapens the debate and boils down to a social media era of mob mentality and name calling. Don't support Hilary? You're a misogynist. Support Trump? You're a Nazi. Support Bernie? You're a commie. Support Cruz? You're a racist. Support Libertarian? You're a pot smoking hippie anarchist who's throwing your vote away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit