She displayed a literature cart in front of my house: That does it for me!

by Tempest in a Teacup 53 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

How does an adult forcefully move into another adult's house w/o permission?

No more chances. Already your reputation is damaged by the one time.

The neighbors are going to definitely think you're unbalanced if you start setting up counter cult things. It will look like a bizarre war. It seems quite normal to us to put up a counter cult sign or whatever, but that's because our perceptions are not based on a normal religious background.

Try to think of it from a normal person's perspective. A new neighbor moves in and lets her mother move in soon thereafter. The mom starts doing bizarre, annoying things in the front yard. How does daughter react? Not by doing bizarre things in response, but by stopping the bizarre behavior.

Personally I would try to apologize to my neighbors and say her delusion is a sad thing and you're trying to get her help, but until you can sort it out, would they please be patient with her harmless stunts?

• zeb
    zeb

Turn the reticulation on!

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

oh poor you, but it is your house your rules.

but gee, how many people walk past your house anyway? lol do you live in a city?

id say, gee mom, get a job and pay rent, stop loafing around.. lol,

isnt that what they would say to their own kids if they were still living at home as an adult? lol

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I would welcome a cart in front of my house. OH boy! I would love it. I will contact

my local KH and ask, would anyone care to set up a cart in front of my home. I would

provide water but no bathroom.

Just think of the conversation you will have with your neighbors. Who in the hell is

that person in front of your home with that cart? There will be no walking traffic, peacefulness.

Won't need my alarm system, a burglar will think forget it. We need to think positive here.

• steve2
    steve2

You sound as bad as each other.

How can a mother forcefully move in and then set up a JW cart on the path outside the house and you do nothing?

If her aggressive behaviour astonishes me, your passive capitulation astonishes even more .

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

I have a dawn to dusk work schedule because of which most things escape my attention.

Carla: she's already done it: a few weeks ago, she told me that she went around preaching in the immediate neighborhood.

Once again, I was told after the deed was done.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Did you just tell her you don't want her to do it, or to witness to neighbors? she can find a JW buddy and get a territory or witness in some park in another neighborhood.

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup
    For the ones talking about a passive-aggressive behavior on my part, I wish to tell you that there's a simple reason I couldn't lash out at my mum as she told me about the cart: I have been fighting with her a lot recently. For her that kind of thing is normal and she would blame it on my temper instead of taking it as a serious issue.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I know this is highly embarrassing for you but I'm with stan....😵😂😂😂....oh lor!!
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Mom,there will be no cart witnessing in my front yard. It is forbidden. There is a park/starbucks/mcdonalds in town.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit