Download Raymond Franz PDF Books Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom

by Tenacious 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

In his last years I don't believe Ray was concerned with the distributing of his information but rather that it was available.

What evidence do you have to back that statement up?

It's clearly obvious you have not read both of Ray's books, otherwise, you would know how Ray and Nestor K. felt about the spreading of this 'vital' information.

I have read both and can't think of anything that suggested that he wanted to give his book away for free.

He could have easily put a free to download PDF on the Commentary Press website.

Why didn't he?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Another factor that was of concern to Ray was making sure his words were not changed either by individuals or by groups with a separate agenda one perhaps that would try to discredit him.

We are closing in on the republishing aspect of his work so a little more patience would be appropriate.

What is different at this point in time is the internet.....one only has to look up the sins of the WT Society, jwfacts.com and a variety of sites to get TTATT. This history of the Watchtower and the JWs provides more then enough information to help guide an individual out .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

documents that:

There were three major schisms in the early days.

That the WTBTS was founded on Adventist doctrines.

That the WTBTS was not a religion it was corporate publishing house latter turned into a real estate holding company.

That the JWs were established as a religion in 1931.

Further reading will show that they have been anti health procedures from the beginning and have killed more people Every Year since it's earliest years up to the current era then Jonestown did in it's one time mass suicide and murder.

We really don't need Ray's writings to effect change. It will become what he intended a reference about being on the GB, A revelation of how earthy and sad it was and remains. I for one do appreciate what he accomplished, His inside point of view has great value.

His words will endure and be of value but the 'chain of evidence' needs to be maintained least we lose his clear voice. His work needs the copyright protection. Carrying his work off without the legal protections devalues what he wrote and copyright protection he wanted.

It was never about money for Ray it was about his love of Christian principles and his life spent in his religion and how it lost it's way. But this was his work not yours or mine and by god he deserves your respect.

For those who are impatient it took forty years after Jesus's death before we started to get Paul's letters and then other writings.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

For anyone who truly would like to have the inside scoop on the WTS...I highly recommend this book:

https://www.amazon.ca/Apocalypse-Delayed-Story-Jehovahs-Witnesses/dp/0802079733

James Penton's expose of the WT includes references to Ray Franz's work. It is well worth the read and should satisfy anyone's need for solid information

I read Penton's book right after it was first published in 1985. The new edition has updated information

• azor
    azor

Rays book stands separate as it is written by a one time member of the GB. Anyone that was a JW knows how impactful that is. I grew up as a JW and never knew a GB member left. Much less wrote a book that gave an inside look on how the organization ran. That was a game changer for me, as has been expressed here by many others.

I'm out of patience. The excuses are tiring. This is not a rewrite or an original where all the sources need to be checked. Make the damn thing available online and charge a fee.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

If you host the documents in Iran, Eritrea or the Marshall Islands they don't have copyright protections.

For all others, the copyright length is life + 25-50 years. If the person currently owning the copyright however doesn't enforce them, you might have a case for further distribution. Since someone purchased the rights and seems to be somewhat weakly enforcing them, US sites can not distribute them.

As far as the moral argument about whether copyright SHOULD be enforced past an author and any heirs' death, that is a lot broader subject but the corporations for now have won that battle.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

If the copyright holder was indeed selling the book at a reasonable price, I would purchase the legal copy. But seeing she hasn't done anything in what? years? Yep. PDF it people! These books are highly valuable spiritually!

• Londo111
    Londo111

I bought both book and electronic copies legit over 5 years ago. I would do it again.

However, at this point, I'm all for people distributing this by any means necessary for the greater good. It's time for this to be public domain and open source.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

However, at this point, I'm all for people distributing this by any means necessary for the greater good. It's time for this to be public domain and open source.

Agreed. People's lives are at play. These books are unique in the influence they might have over active JWs. I myself felt more comfortable reading these first before jumping onto the likes of jwfacts. Until the copyright owner makes a legit version available, I can't judge those that make the reading material available through other means.

• Simon
    Simon

Please do not post links to illegal downloads of copyrighted material or encourage others to do the same.

Yes, the delay by the copyright owner in making them available for purchase is disappointing but still isn't a legitimate excuse.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Anony Mous,

For all others, the copyright length is life + 25-50 years.

When did the copyright start? Are we 25+ years into it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit