Download Raymond Franz PDF Books Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom

by Tenacious 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Giordano
    Giordano

Here's some info on the publishing date. http://www.commentarypress.com/copyright/

News concerning re-publishing Crisis of Conscience:
    For those of you that have read my prior updates some of the following is a rehash, however I am restating some of what I have said before for the benefit of people newly visiting the site.
    I am working to digitalize the 2008 printing of Crisis of Conscience. Until the present time this printing has not been available digitally. Because of the now antiquated software that Ray was using in 2008 as well as his unstable computer; it has been challenging to convert those files into readable manageable formatting.
    Many very nice and capable people have offered to help me. Two have been experts in software development etc. I have also taken my issues to no less than 9 technicians in Atlanta, Georgia, all to no avail. Knowing what a treasure I have with the rights to Crisis of Conscience, I have been feeling the weight of responsibility of getting this book out to everyone that wants it. I have been living and breathing Crisis of Conscience since December, following one hopeful solution after another only to be met with disappointment. In exasperation I turned to a publisher for help. Their technical department has worked on it for weeks and had a breakthrough however they had a lot of work ahead of them yet. I received encouraging emails from them saying that the progress of putting the book together is coming together nicely.
    I want to assure you that I am committed to bring the world the very best selection in eBook formats and Print on Demand (POD) availability. The publisher that I am working with plans on making Crisis of Conscience readily available to the largest global audience possible.
  • steve2
    steve2

You wouldn't break into a printing press store room and steal copies prior to their date of release.

So why would you "break into" illegal downloadable copies of Commentary Press?

Answers may be compelling and persuasive, but it doesn't change the fact that presently downloadable copies are illegal.

• azor
    azor

This book woke me up. Thank goodness for people that care more about people trying to escape this cult rather than some copyright infringement of peoole that are no longer alive.

If the current copyright holder can't get it done she should give it to someone who can. That's what I would do. I belive many here would do the same. This is beyond ridiculous at this point.

• JeffT
    JeffT
    This book woke me up. Thank goodness for people that care more about people trying to escape this cult rather than some copyright infringement of peoole that are no longer alive.

See my comments about means justifying ends. As noted above, the copyright belongs to a living person. What other illegal/immoral actions to you sanction to attack the WTBS? At what point do you become that which you are trying to fight?

If the current copyright holder can't get it done she should give it to someone who can. That's what I would do. I belive many here would do the same. This is beyond ridiculous at this point.

How many books have your published? Do you have any idea what it takes to update a text, verify all the quotes, make sure all the references are correct, and then put it all into a current publication format? Since you seem to think its all so easy, maybe you should volunteer to quit your job and go do it.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

In all honesty and sincerity I think if Ray was alive, with physical copies being more expensive to produce and distribute, he would have made both books available for free. Again, I'm speculating based on how Ray felt about bringing his insider knowledge to the masses thereby exposing the WTS.

Being a published author I have to agree with JeffT in terms of acquiring a copyright waiver or license to freely distribute a book that is still legally licensed to Cynthia and/or to her heirs or estate.

Don't misunderstand me and allow me to perfectly clear. Just because I'm published AND I initially provided the books for free does not demonstrate bias for neither argument.

This book is a must for those that are still trapped in the mental asylum otherwise known as the WTS. And in no way do I wish to curtail this exodus which continues to this day and will continue many years into the future. However, in order to protect myself, and Simon, and others that may download the book by this medium, I must exercise caution and revoke the downloads.

If you Google both of these books they are easily available to whomever wishes to read them. Some legally downloadable and some not so much. Your choice but either way I encourage you to search for them. The truth will literally set you free.

• azor
    azor

JeffT I'm not saying it's easy to publish. Just saying in todays age if she can't get it done let others do it. I'm not in a position to do so. If I had the rights I would just put it out there for a nominal fee or free. A free online pdf or a paid pdf is rather easy to set up. Apparently there were not problems with cease and desist letters being sent.

Again the fact this is still not resolved is ridiculous.

• Fencing
    Fencing
    Cynthia Franz did not sell the rights to the current legal copyright holder....she was left them in Cynthia's will. Checkwww.commentarypress.com to contact her. It is not a matter of making money but making sure things are uptodate, translated other languages, etc. It took some time to transfer the rights and now to make sure that everything is ready to be printed and in the format needed in current printing styles and technology.

And when we're still hearing the same excuse again next year?

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

A great help would be if those of us who have coc and have read it could put it in their local library. That's how I read the book. , Which was at the time like having gold dust in my hand. That way loads of people get a chance to read it

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

It's pretty hypocritical that people have an issue with this but have no problem downloading and distributing WT books that were scanned and uploaded. That's a copyright violation too.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I dont watch pirated movies, why would I read a stolen (yes, that's what it is!) book?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit