Rumor: Discouraging news from GB at upcoming CA?

by bohm 77 Replies latest jw friends

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Anything earth shattering would be announced at the annual meeting

• freddo
    freddo

I don't believe it. It's not how they operate in JW land.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Maybe selling Norco Assembly Hall?? Could be discouraging to some?

• millie210
    millie210
    DJS
    If this is true:
    The DarkLords have always had a fatal attraction to the pope. My guess is they are going to emulate his recent apology, for child abuse they enabled. I second Red pill's motion.

So true and well phrased about the Pope attraction/fascination.

• millie210
    millie210
    nowwhat?

So true...that is where we learned about tight pants and colored socks...

Does anyone remember any announcement of any import ever being delivered at a C.A.?

Also, isnt the annual meeting coming up in the fall?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Yeah I call this "a rumour" for sure...

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    millie2
    nowwhat?

So true...that is where we learned about tight pants and colored socks...

Thought that those where from Zone Visits that TM3 made, and not the AGM??

I suspect it is a Coordinator gone rogue - he's seen the videos about hiding and stuff and the armed military police finding them etc, maybe he's aware of some of the fuss surrounding the videos, and therefore feels the need to forewarn his congregation?

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

• jaydee
    jaydee

Well apparently, ' PiƱata's ' are back.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5DBghrEICQ

Don't get much bigger than that ....

• bafh
    bafh

I don't know that all important things are done at the annual meeting - they sneak stuff in any where they can.

Doctrinal changes are often just published in the WT as a matter of fact - they expect people to just nod their head in agreement and move on.

They make announcements at summer conventions. I would think something at a circuit assembly would be local news and/or procedural rather than anything else. And, they are tying in more and more people together through video feeds.....So, really it could be anything.

And what constitutes "big news" in JW Land is really not that consequential in real life, so there's THAT.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

It's probably an announcement about the food arrangement at Bethel. There will be no more Kitchen staff effective Oct 1, 2016. Instead, Food concession stands will be set up like McDonalds, Burger King, and Arby's. Tim Horton's for the Canadian Branch. This will be later introduced into Assemblies and some of the Financial proceeds will go to the Society. Concession staff will adhere to the clothing requirements when they are at Bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit