Not sure where I want to live!

by Iamallcool 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Since COVID have forced many stores not to be open 24 hours a day like Wal-Mart, etc…I do have one 24 hour Kroger near my home. If you want to know where it is, message me but I might not tell you if you have not been here long enough or I feel that I can’t trust you yet. Do you have 24 hour grocery stores near you? At some point, I would like to move somewhere in USA, not sure where yet. Las Vegas has a pretty good number of 24 hour Winco Grocery Stores. I noticed some posts mentioned about water shortage in Vegas, that is not a good thing! I decided not to think about moving to Vegas! I like warm weather all year long like in Florida. I lived there for 17 months from 2005-2006. I liked living there. I can deal with humidity. I guess there are pros and cons of living everywhere! I might even consider relocating where it is very cold in the winter.

• Biahi
    Biahi

It seems like wherever you go, there is something that’s not good, high taxes, too hot or humid, too much water, (floods), drought, earthquakes, fires, etc. No place is perfect. I’ve been to places that I loved visiting, but wouldn’t want to live there. New Orleans comes to mind.

• Simon
    Simon

Are 24 hour stores really that important? We've always managed to plan shopping trips that correspond with normal opening hours ... even when they do happen to open 24x7.

Where you live is a little like picking the "true" religion - how do you know you've picked the right one? You can't. It takes at least a year or two to really know an area, and there is a cost to changing, so you are limited in how many you can try.

Some people will tell you that their city or neighbourhood is the greatest ever but they can't know the other places that would be better, so everything is subjective.

What's more important is to be adaptable and accepting to make the best of wherever you are at the time.

• Justaguy
    Justaguy

Gulf coast of florida is the greatest place in the union. Shhh dont tell anyone

• Biahi
    Biahi

Justaguy, hurricanes!!

• waton
    waton

no surfing waves.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

If you like history, Maryland has been here since 1634!

While its capital, Annapolis, was serving as the nation's capital, George Washington resigned his commission as general and the Treaty of Paris was signed, ending the Revolutionary War. The United States' boundary was designated and differentiated from Britain's remaining colonial interests. (ahem..Canada)

Virginia is great for history, too. George Washington lived just across the Potomac River at Mount Vernon. Colonial Williamsburg looks exactly like it did in the early 1700s.

Also, George Washington apparently slept all up and down the east coast. The number of establishments that brag "George Washington slept here." is mind-boggling.

Anyhoo, just plugging the Mid-Atlantic. New England always gets focused on as the cradle of American history, but the Mid-Atlantic has been settled just as long. And we weren't religious weirdos like the Puritans. We were here to make money. The state of Virginia literally started as The Virginia Company.

I'll shut up now. I'm a history nerd and love literally walking the same steps as people did who were settled here 150 years before the United States was formed. Come visit Annapolis, you'll love it if you're into American and British colonial history!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit