A Manufactured example? (Morning Worship, by Kenneth Flodin: Beware of Deceit)

by bats in the belfry 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

:

The only 1910 Watchtower I ever came across are the WTBTS reprints. Has anyone ever seen the original 1910 Watchtower scan online?

Flodin's story line does not add up. If Kenneth compared the original (which may reside in the WTBTS library) to the photocopy sent in by the lady, then her's must have been from the reprints.

From that point onward his story line appears fabricated. At 06:30 minutes into his ramblings he says:

One example I came through in my stack of letters. It was a sincere older lady it seems by the look of the scrawl or handwriting; it was probably an older woman.

And she sent in a photocopy from a page of a 1910 Watchtower.

And her question is "Why did your Mr. Russell say that you only need to read his "Book Studies in the Scriptures" instead of the Bible?

I read over the photocopy and it looks like that is exactly what it said.

But then I got an original of the 1910 magazine and compared, and very quickly you could discern the deceit, the trickery that was involved.

When photocopying that page they put a piece of white paper over the bottom part of the page so you didn't see the bottom of the first column.

And they are very tricky, they placed it exactly on a line where it sounded like when reading down the first column that the sentence completed on the second column.

But what was in the first part of that column that they had made invisible with the paper?

It was a subheading "SCRIPTURE STUDIES NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE BIBLE". And here is what it said in that text that disappeared with the photocopying...

Besides, the whole thing is about omission, which the WTBTS can be accused of many times over. Would they call themselves apostates for doing do?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

There was another thread about this shameless piece of disinformation. You make a good point though WT are masters at manipulating quotes by omission' it makes it even more reprehensible as a piece.

• Saename
    Saename

There was another thread about that: Morning Worship: Kenneth Flodin Targets "Apostates".

As a matter of fact, I did about half-an-hour worth of research, and I did come to a conclusion that Flodin does lie in this video—well, maybe not necessarily "lies" as much as tells half-truths.

Check the thread and see my comments posted there. I included there the whole passage from the Watchtower, and I also found the entire Watchtower itself—along with the page reference—in some archive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit