Things stated at the District Convention

by Queequeg 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Another post I made tonight reminded me of this.

What if a speaker at the District Convention (is it still called that?) makes a statement. This doesn't jive with what you think the WTBTS promotes. Well, then he was probably expressing is own opinion, right? Not very likely.

I made another post tonight that reminded me of this.

During the District Convention, several brothers,including the circuit overseer, follow along with the speakers outlines. If a speaker veers from the script, you immediately notify the circuit uberdude.

I was assigned this "privilege" and a speaker did veer from what he was supposed to say. The circuit overseer caught it before I did and was immediately upset and right off the bat was saying that guy wouldn't be assigned circuit and district parts anymore.

So, these speakers are carefully scrutinized and if they are on the stage the next year, what they said was most likely supported by the Watchtower.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes, they are very careful to present a uniform message.. That is why most of them are manuscript talks , read verbatum ...in other words...boring..

I was told once that to be an assembly speaker you needed a voice that was clear through the PA system and to be one who could be trusted to stick to the outline.

So no more of the "good" speakers who would slip anecdotes and wry humour into it.... 😴

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’ll bet this scrutiny is because they don’t want any ‘secret apostates’ announcing at the convention TTATT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit