Here's a view on homosexuality for you...

by konceptual99 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

JWs will not buy into the 'worldly' reasoning that the LGBTQ community is correct.

Furthermore, in this regard, I'm on their side.

I do not hate them, would not physically hurt them, but will not approve of the behavior. It is abhorrent.

DY

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Doubtfully Yours

Your posts and attitude is abhorrent. Just sayin'

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Doubtfully Yours...

So, I guess the observed and cataloged sexual habits of some 1500 different animal species are "abhorrent", then, huh?

(BTW, you should read about the heterosexual mating habits of some of those animals. Compared to some, buttsex is tame.)

• kaik
    kaik

I do not hate them, would not physically hurt them, but will not approve of the behavior. It is abhorrent.

Whatever two adults do in the privacy of their bedroom is not your concern, and certainly does not require your or anyone approval.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Kaik,

A lot of horrid things happen in some people's private life; the thing with the LGBTQ gang is that they are sooooo 'in your face' and we all just better grin and bear it.

Yes, the behavior should be kept very private.

DY

• sir82
    sir82

The most viciously savage language regarding homosexuals that I've ever heard has come from JWs. Pretty much, the higher the "position" of the JW, the more vitriol they spew.

• kaik
    kaik
    I generally do not get preoccupied with private sexual life of two individuals and what they do in consensual way in their privacy regardless of their orientation. It is not my business, and why it should be yours... !?
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

DY...

A lot of horrid things happen in some people's private life; the thing with the LGBTQ gang is that they are sooooo 'in your face' and we all just better grin and bear it.
    Yes, the behavior should be kept very private.

Some homosexuals have been very loud and proud but this is understandable. After years of legal oppression they have had to confront society to push through a change in attitudes. It's been the same with race. When black people were far more assertive about their legal rights and challenging the white status quo was that any different? Simply enshrining equal rights in law does not automatically change peoples' attitudes and culture.

The more society is nonplussed about the sexual preferences of consenting adults then the less noisy the LGBT "community" needs to be.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    WT has continued to be compassionate, merciful, understanding, tolerant towards homosexual sinners, never hate or repulsion or rejection -always compassion mercy and understanding for the sinner but not the sin.

@Fisherman, that is utter nonsense.

There is nothing 'understanding' about the Watchtower's teaching that homosexuality is an abhorrent, deviant and immoral act.

Young people are taught to not even think in a way that is in line with a homosexual preference, that acting on your homosexuality is abhorrent, and that anyone who practices those acts will be destroyed.

There is nothing 'compassionate and tolerant' about the Watchtower's prescribed treatment of people who choose to live a homosexual lifestyle, namely disfellowshipping them and cutting them off from their family and friends.

Gay Jehovah's Witnesses will only be shown the 'mercy' you refer to, if they reject their sexuality and live a celibate life. In other words, "we will forgive you and forget your abhorrent and deviant actions, just as long as you don't act on your feelings again, and fight to deny them constantly". Very loving(!)

'Never repulsion' - Have you heard Anthony Morris III talk about the homosexuals as disgusting? (For wanting to see men in tight pants, for any who don't get the reference).

'Never rejection' - Are you still talking here about the organization that will tell even members of a (practicing) homosexual Jehovah's Witnesses own family to not talk to them?!

It is the Watchtower's doctrine of complete rejection of anyone practicing homosexuality, that has caused psychological distress to the point of some even feeling suicidal!!

OK, rant over.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Firstly, the humanist views presented by Jesus can help engender tolerance, mercy and so on.

-kc99

Humanist views? Are you stark raving mad?! Humanist views from Jesus?

Are we talking about the same person? The man who told slaves to obey their masters? The man who said he was not bringing peace but a sword to the whole earth? The man who planned to break up fathers and mothers and sons and wives? The man who threatened to cut off and throw into the fire anyone not serving him? The man who referred to all Gentiles a "dogs"?

Maybe you need a refresher course - Jesus was not the peace loving hippy Christians would like to make him out to be. He was a misogynistic, racist, war mongering, sycophantic a-hole.

A man of his times - perhaps. But definitely NOT a humanist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit