What should i do

by Akid48 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Akid48
    Akid48

I have my meeting tomorrow and i dont know if i should act like im having a good time or not.

from Akid48

read my last post i made to know whats going on in my life

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Considering your age you should probably go along with your family as normal. Speak to your friends as normal. Not much else you can do at this point.

• Akid48
    Akid48

@moreconfusedthanever

i dont have a lot of friends at my kingdom hall the age i am is low on kids there more 5 to 3 year olds

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Get used to the idea that your going to have to go until your probably old enough to be able to move out of your aunts home. Learn to fake it until then. Just prepare yourself with as much education as you can get and don't under any circumstances get baptized!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Make friends at school. Participate in clubs, sports. Be a straight A student. Show great interest in healthy non-JW activities. This can be both, your cover and your way out. JW's will be disappointed at you, but not enough to shun you. Also, these tactics will prepare you for the next stage of your life when you are out of the JW control. And lastly, it will be a lot more fun. Besides, not all JW's discourage secular learning. My own JW brother has pushed his own children to pursue higher education so they can be self sufficient as adults.

Be a bit rebellious, be a spiritually weak JW, but a great human. JW's are not that stupid. They just feel forced to go along with the leadership and feel obligated to repeat the religious dogma spewed at conventions and kingdom halls..

• smiddy
    smiddy

Because of your age just keep learning the truth about the truth (TTATT) but keep it to yourself until you are old enough to move out on your own and be an independent person.

Dont get baptised and study everything on jwfacts site.

I`m glad you have found this site and take care ,you have a lot of support here.

• Akid48
    Akid48

@never a jw

the only thing im good at is playing tuba but i couldnt go to honors band for meetings etc

@smiddy

Thank you i will keep it in mind

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

You are 13. You can be good at whatever you want! Really start killing school. Find a sport to play. Figure out your passions, and then fight for them. its hard for a parent to see their child excited and working towards something, and deny them of it. Just say you will "make up" the meeting or something. give them a way out.

Keep on learning. Anyone here if they could go back to 13......wow! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit