What Jesus could / should have said if....?

by smiddy3 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If Jehovah God had purposed followers of Jesus to be called Jehovah`s Witnesses , Jesus Christ had the perfect opportunity to instruct them to do so .

The fact that he didn`t and the overwhelming evidence in the New Testament that followers of Jesus were to be witnesses of Jesus Christ as the only means to come to the father Jehovah God.

Sciptures that say Christians are to be Witnesses of Jesus 20+ , Scriptures that say Christians are to be witnesses of Jehovah in the New Testament ? None / Zero .

Not the WTB&TS or the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses but only by bearing witness to Jesus as his witnesses.

And here is the proof not by what Jesus said but what he didn`t say when he had the opportunity to do so.

When many stopped following Jesus because they were shocked by what he was saying .John 6 :67-69

"Therefore Jesus said to the twelve ,you do not want to go also do you? 68 Simon Peter answered him Lord whom shall we go away to ? You have sayings of everlasting life 69 and we have believed and come to know that you are the Holy one of God.

Now we come to the IF

When Simon peter said whom shall we go away to ? Jesus had every opportunity to say ,Jehovah God of course he is the Father ,that`s who you could go away to .

But he didn`t say that because that was not and is not Gods purpose for Christians to bear witness to Jehovah ,they are to bear witness about Jesus Christ and his Kingdom and this is the only way to have any sort of relationship with God.

According to the New World Translation of the Bible.

• waton
    waton

The strongest argument against the use of the name, in the story/plot is Jesus' final exclamation: Eli Eli, why have you abandoned me? and his failure to use it it in any of his prayers, and in the Lords/ Our father prayer instructions

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    they are to bear witness about Jesus Christ and his Kingdom and this is the only way to have any sort of relationship with God.

The gospel is overwhelmingly about Jesus Himself.... not the kingdom or Jehovah's Soverignty like the WT preaches.

Occurrences of "gospel" in the NT :

Gospel of Jesus Christ (Incl. "Son" or "Christ" ) – 13 times

Gospel of God – 7 times

Gospel of the kingdom – 4 times

Gospel of peace – 2 times

Gospel of the grace of God – 1 time

Gospel of your salvation – 1 time

Gospel of the uncircumcision – 1 time

Gospel of the circumcision – 1 time

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

The salvation offered in the gospel is for his name's sake 1 John 2:12. We bow and confess Jesus is Lord to the glory of God or as it says in Isaiah to God himself Philippines 2:11, Isaiah 45:23. So the sovereignity of God can not be separated from his salvation. God created for his glory and pleasure Revelation 4:11. We are made for God=Jesus, not the other way around ☺️

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    1 John 5:20-21 gives an example of how it is impossible to separate God and the Son. Scholars may argue who "this is the true God and eternal life" in verse 20 points to. You can not seperate him who is true from his Son. They are both the one true God opposed to idols. The Jw org made the logical conclusion of their mistake. Unlike God's angels they do not worship the Son, unlike the Hebrews author they do not identify the Son with Jehovah (Hebrews 1:6-12).
  • EverApostate
    EverApostate
    If Jehovah God had purposed followers of Jesus to be called Jehovah`s Witnesses , Jesus Christ had the perfect opportunity to instruct them to do so

I totally agree.

By the way, why does god needs witnesses. Is he so desperate ? An Almighty god should be Obviously visible to everyone.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

When Simon peter said whom shall we go away to ? Jesus had every opportunity to say ,Jehovah God of course he is the Father ,that`s who you could go away to .

But he didn`t say that because that was not and is not Gods purpose for Christians to bear witness to Jehovah ,they are to bear witness about Jesus Christ

That`s the point I`m trying to make .If anything the WTB&TS / I.B.S.A. should have called themselves Jesus Witnesses .

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If I am going to do what jesus would have done all the time in every situation, all I am going to be is the perfect slave. Since I do not want that, I would not do what jesus would have done in that situation. And that generously assumes that thing exists at all, which I do not think it ever did.

• waton
    waton

For a person that was present even involved in the creation of the universe, it's laws, he displayed an astounding lapse of perfect memory, or did he want to keep his listeners in ignorance? "Your/my word is truth"?

why did he not say to the flat- earther Satan on the unusual mountain: hey, I can see at best 360 km in all 360 degrees, where are all these kingdoms? the "central one" China?.how about the flood references? the epileptic/lunatics? the 1000s of pigs? The resurrected with him walking into jerusalem?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit