Any connoisseurs of anything out there?

by Judgerussellford 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

I'm not a heavy drinker. But in the last 8 years I've had over 200 different varieties of beer, liquor, and wine. 160 of those goes to beer. Anyone consider themselves an expert on anything worth tasting out there?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I moved to Minnesota three years ago and have discovered that the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area has a large number of craft breweries. I have had some of the best beer I have ever had the pleasure of drinking. Most of the restaurants have several brands and varieties along with the national brands that most are familiar with. At the cost of $6.00 or $7.00 for a 16 oz. glass of craft beer, you don't drink but one or two. And from experience, I believe it is more potent than the national brand (well drinks). Then again, there are some very good local brands that are only $3.00 for a 16 oz. glass. Now that I am a somewhat very old man (75), I find I can't drink the amount I did in my youth.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

For me it was whiskey. Scotch and Bourbon in particular. I found single malt Scotch at least 25 years aged was a good starting point. I once bought a bottle of bourbon from an "orphan cask". It looked like real maple syrup when you swirled it in your glass as it slid down the side.

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

Happy dad: I've experienced that almost any local craft brewery has the best beer in the area you are at. Colorado has some of the best I've personally had. But if the Minnesota beer is anything like Wisconsin cheese then I gotta go try some! Still want to try brews from other countries.

Truth be known: I've only had a couple whiskeys i enjoy. I'm more of a rum guy myself. But I haven't had a properly aged whiskey/bourbon either. But ill tell you this, the best vodka I've ever had is Russian, and I'd like to have some true absinthe from Germany. Hear it tastes like black licorice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit