WT claims to have completed "Peak Construction Phase of New World Headquarters"

by wifibandit 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

breakfast of champions - spot on there ! And as for that Guard Tower ....lookout thingamy ...like a prison compound - totally Hilda I'm afraid - I could just plutz !!!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yes, it does look like a prison. It looks grey, solid and rigid. Ugly.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Evidently, they have peaked. And the construction's "grand climax" is coming SOON
  • smiddy
    smiddy

maybe they are going to capitalize on it , put it up for sale as a resort , in a few years , however they need to put a pool in there somewhere.

smiddy

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Can anybody tell me what the hell a 'Peak Construction Phase' is? My guess is: they've passed the 1/2 way mark or something.
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Why waste such a beautiful location on such dull, drab, and oppressive architecture? Who in their right mind signed off on this?

Even a completely generic office building would look better.

But honestly, if you're going to invest this kind of money and also have most of the work done for free why not go with a nice modern aesthetic?

Or why not capitalize on something that would really pop on the waterfront?

Honestly, anything would be better than what they're building. Really disappointing. Oh well, the WT never misses an opportunity - to miss an opportunity.

• JeffT
    JeffT

That place reminds me of the prison in "The Shawshank Redemption."

I've been involved in a lot of development over the years. I've never heard the term "peak construction." The only number that matters is "percent completed."

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Maybe they just coined the phrase to refer to the time when the greatest number of workers were needed, or rather the phase when they had many workers that were not needed, and were a delay and obstruction to the project. Possibly a real construction management company advise them that less is more.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i wonder if a large bomb was detonated there if jehovah would intercede and prevent any damage ?
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Something more traditional perhaps?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit