USAF Thunderbirds

by LV101 5 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

So awesome - the USAF THUNDERBIRDS just did a fly over the Las Vegas valley starting at Nellis Air Force Base all the way to Boulder Dam, Boulder City, NV, in tribute and honoring the COVID 19 healthcare workers/responders. So amazing - we were in the backyard and could hear the engines long before any sight of them. They flew over Summerlin, Spring Valley - over couple hospitals and back over my house - circling on to the Las Vegas Strip, Henderson then Boulder Dam - back to Nellis. Unbelievable -- we were standing on balcony and they flew right above us - we could literally see the bottom of the jets. Amazing.

We were allowed a trip one time to Nellis for a private air show and were allowed in a special area where you can look, take pictures of some fighter jets but they had sections of them covered that no one can see or take pics of. Amazing.

• waton
    waton

yeah, imagine doing that liberating flying yourself.

worst command in the "new scrolls" that will be opened in wt land:

thou shall not build airplanes, commit levitation . have you ever seen an airplane in a wt illustration of the new world? a kite may be?. back to the middle --, stone ages.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Cool. I've never seen the Thunderbirds, but the Blue Angels are an annual show here in Seatle. Always impressive.

• LV101
    LV101

Yes, Jeff - I did see the Blue Angels - yrs. ago in so cal. I don't think they've ever done a fly over here like today but it wasn't an air show where they do all that scary-sky flying.

Seattle - what a great city. My friend has a beautiful condo (in high-rise) downtown and I was going to check them out about the time all the 'homeless' street people news scared me away. California is enough for me to deal with right now. I even love the rain in Seattle and all the fresh seafood - the Nordstrom store and being able to walk around. I really love that city across the water - Bainsbridge. I like the cold weather, too.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I am more familiar with the Gibson Thunderbird, it’s a different beast that makes thunderous sounds. USA!

• LV101
    LV101

Hahahahah - "Gibson Thunderbird." I know what that is -- my Dad was a tad off in his 80s and I had to take him to the guitar shop too many times. Were they the ones in the locked room - whatever, he bought them and I'd never heard of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit